Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Base 93 I4 probes

ronjonprobe93
10-20-2003, 10:13 PM
Anyone out there with a base I4 probe? I feel like i'm the only one.

marshall's ol' blu
10-24-2003, 10:41 AM
I got a base. But I have done alot to it. :smokin: se probe is about the same. I think it came out with 118 hp to a base's 115 hp. I have alot of se parts on mine. I'm thinking that a gt will interchange on alot of stuff. Still checking it out.

Fizer70
10-27-2003, 09:41 AM
I think it came out with 118 hp to a base's 115 hp. I have alot of se parts on mine. I'm thinking that a gt will interchange on alot of stuff. Still checking it out.

Base and SE's share the same I-4 2.0L engine and both make the same 118 crank HP. There is no difference between the SE and Base Probe with regards to the drivetrain (tranny, engine, exhaust headers, cams, etc.). GT's came with the 2.5L V6. You can use GT cat-back exhaust systems if you add-on an extension to the cat back.

You can swap everything non-drivetrain related (suspension, seats, body parts, etc) between a GT and an SE. The Base Probe has a different front and if you think that you will ever change the Base's front bumper with an SE's or a GT's you need a new bumper skeleton/support from a GT/SE

Add your comment to this topic!