Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Automatic Transmission not so automatic

keyplayah71
10-18-2003, 10:23 AM
Hi,

In case you haven't read any of my other posts...I own a 1992 Buick Park Avenue Ultra. The transmission can be a bit jerky and hesitant sometimes. For instance, the main problem that I have is that when the car is in overdrive (or sometimes any higher gear) it hates to downshift to go up a hill or pass. It gets very jerky even with steady pressure applied to the pedal. Let off of the gas and when you press it back again it usually corrects the problem as long as you still didn't want to downshift again. I had one of those GB brand transmission flushes done and that seemed to inprove it for a while now the problem is coming back again.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

tman
10-19-2003, 12:49 AM
How long has it been since you had the spark plugs and wires replaced? That can make it seem like the tranny is acting up.

Flatrater
10-19-2003, 07:40 PM
How long has it been since you had the spark plugs and wires replaced? That can make it seem like the tranny is acting up.

I agree with TMAN a misfire could act like a trans problem if you are not careful on checking out the car. I've seen several trans rebuilds done when all it needed was a set of wires.

Add your comment to this topic!