remote keyless programming for sl2

amnicon
09-20-2003, 10:18 PM
:banghead: i have a 99 saturn sl2 and have purchased a spare remote. does anyone know what steps i need to take to program? my ford explains how to in owners manual.

bottlefedsaturn
09-24-2003, 11:04 PM
:banghead: i have a 99 saturn sl2 and have purchased a spare remote. does anyone know what steps i need to take to program? my ford explains how to in owners manual.

You ahve to take it to the saturn dealership and they can do it for ya.....that is the only way that I have found

debyjolley
09-08-2004, 09:34 AM
I have a 2000 Saturn SL2, and my husband and I tried to reprogram our RKE using these instructions - but it didn't work because there was nothing in slot 8 on my car. I tried taking my RKEs to a Saturn dealership, and they plugged the little computer thing in under the dash (by driver's knee), but were not able to re-program it for some weird reason. They also did not offer any options. Needless to say, I am not very happy with them. Does anyone have any other thoughts about how to re-program my 2000 SL2 RKEs?
???

Here's how to program a new remote: You do not need the key in the ignition. Take a metal paper clip and make it into a "U" shape. Connect together pins 4 and 8 on the OBDII connector by the driver's left knee.(See picture below) This is a connector with 2 rows of 8 slots near the hood release. Counting from left to right, top row, place one end of the paper clip in slot 4 and the other end of the paper clip in slot 8. You should then hear the horn chirp. Now hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless remote simultaneously until the horn honks (should be about 15 sec.), that one is now set. Now hold the lock and unlock buttons on the second keyless remote and so on until the horn honks. (You can program up to 4 remotes). The remotes are now programmed. Pull out the paper clip, and your done.
Picture: http://www.zygote-design.com/charles/Saturn.jpg
:uhoh:

sierrap615
09-08-2004, 09:48 AM
interesting, no slot 8? my guess would be it some how get disconnected, see if there is a extra wire hanging behind the terminal. otherwise, ask the techs on saturnfans.com/forums/

Add your comment to this topic!