Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

GS-T VS Integra

Sid77
09-06-2003, 11:39 PM
As most posts like this go I was just wondering what your guys experience is with racing the Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T and what your mods where if you where able to beat one in a race. The one I wanna beat is a 95 and I wanna no if it is possible to beat one in a race without turboing my teg.

94tegRS
09-07-2003, 01:54 AM
which model teg you got? what generation?

if you got a gsr,basic bolt ons and learning to drive good it could happen, not sure of what they run stock, but i test drove a 95 TSI AWD(same as GSX) so i drove the AWD one but man it was a fast car.

if you got a LS then yeah it could still happen wihtout boost, just take a bit more work.

TheNotoriousMogg
09-07-2003, 06:10 AM
well if I remember right, GS-T is turbo with like 205 HP stock....so I dunno you might get smoked, especially if your not a GSR

PWMAN
09-07-2003, 01:32 PM
well if I remember right, GS-T is turbo with like 205 HP stock....so I dunno you might get smoked, especially if your not a GSR
1G GS-T is 195 HP
2G GS-T is 210 HP
But you have to remember, the 2G GS-T doesn't only have 210 HP, it has 214 Ft/lbs torque. They are fast.
If you have an RS/LS/GS, just forget it unles you have the money to completely rebuild your engine with high compression pistons, cams, etc.
If you have a GSR than you need cams, header, high flow cat, cat back exhaust, VTEC controller, skunk2 intake manifold, bigger TB, upgraded ignition, etc. Thats about $2K worth of stuff, then you MIGHT have a chance if you are a better driver.
Or you could take the easy way and just get nitrous. 70 shot should be enough to beat him, I don't think a 50 will do it.

94tegRS
09-07-2003, 02:23 PM
well, I saw a couple of GSX's at the track one time, both a 2g and they both had a mufler at least, could have been ful exhaust along with other things but i didnt talk ot them so ill assume they had the least mods possible, they were only running mid 14's

koreanxracer ran a 14.8 in his GSR with boltons, a good clutch and VAFC. so if the GST is all stock, and wont launch as well as the GSX, and the GST guy cant drive too well and you can, it could happen.

base model, better just get a 75 shot :grinyes:

PWMAN
09-07-2003, 02:30 PM
GSX has too much drivetrain loss. A GS-T is actually better/faster. The only exception is when you get into non-streetable HP ranges where traction is very essential, thats the only time the GSX is better.

whtteg
09-07-2003, 05:52 PM
I have raced gst's on the track and off the track, on the 1320 I beat 2 by about .3sec and on the street I have beatten the by about 1 1/2 cars and that is with a 65 shot. So you had better be a good driver and have some cams and etc or be packing a 60-70 shot :wink:

KrNxRaCer00
09-07-2003, 06:21 PM
gsr w/ simple bolt-ons CAN keep up, but don't expect to win unless ur a much better driver than the gst.

they're quick little cars stock, and if he's done any simple modifications (down pipe, exhaust etc...) he'll beat u by atleast a car or two (even drivers).

chris26969
09-15-2003, 03:27 PM
GSX has too much drivetrain loss. A GS-T is actually better/faster. The only exception is when you get into non-streetable HP ranges where traction is very essential, thats the only time the GSX is better.

LOL. Riiiight. In the dsm world, the GSX is the car of choice. This "drivetrain loss" you speek of, its not "lost" ITS USED. To launch our cars right off the line. The gsx is the car of choice to modify also, considering whatever mod you put in, it will be pure power. Rather than being more power so you can spin your tires faster.

PWMAN
09-15-2003, 04:54 PM
LOL. Riiiight. In the dsm world, the GSX is the car of choice. This "drivetrain loss" you speek of, its not "lost" ITS USED. To launch our cars right off the line. The gsx is the car of choice to modify also, considering whatever mod you put in, it will be pure power. Rather than being more power so you can spin your tires faster.
After the launch the AWD is useless to you. The only thing it's doing is slowing you down because of the transfer case drivetrain loss, and when you're making 300 WHP that can be a 30+ WHP loss.
Like I said it's only when you get into non streetable HP ranges, 350+ WHP, is when the AWD is better.

chris26969
09-15-2003, 08:16 PM
After the launch the AWD is useless to you. The only thing it's doing is slowing you down because of the transfer case drivetrain loss, and when you're making 300 WHP that can be a 30+ WHP loss.
Like I said it's only when you get into non streetable HP ranges, 350+ WHP, is when the AWD is better.
Have you ever drove a GST? As is they are a spin box. And with even more mods and a new 16g turbo the thing chirps and spins through the gears , while the GSX launches like hell off the line, while never spinning.
and its proven that the GSX vs a GST , the gsx will always win from a dead stop 1/4 mile run. The gsx will launch and destroy the gst for a bit then the gst catches up in the fact having FWD , yet does not win.

Plus even besides the Racing value that its better at , the GSX is worth more in resale , and hell its awesome through the winter.

PWMAN
09-15-2003, 09:21 PM
OK fine then, for the drag strip the GSX is better no matter what. But unless this is going to be a drag only car your arguement is no good. I don't know about you but I almost never get to race anybody from a dead stop. Most of the time it's on the highway already starting at 70 MPH or so. So for the street the GST is still better. I will agree snow traction is nice, but that depends on where he lives. Like for example Florida or Arizona, no GSX is needed there for snow traction.

chris26969
09-15-2003, 09:35 PM
OK fine then, for the drag strip the GSX is better no matter what. But unless this is going to be a drag only car your arguement is no good. I don't know about you but I almost never get to race anybody from a dead stop. Most of the time it's on the highway already starting at 70 MPH or so. So for the street the GST is still better. I will agree snow traction is nice, but that depends on where he lives. Like for example Florida or Arizona, no GSX is needed there for snow traction.

Im a new englander myself , and the reason people use gsx is ( well for my reason) 1/4 mile is much better. All in all if your going 80mph and you have a gsx and a gst , the gst is going to win. If you are at a dead stop at a real race, the GSX will win. Plain thing tho , i dont like the fact of a Turbo Fwd car. You get that thing spooling and shift gears your waiting for a good spin show going 50mph. In my book its a RWD , AWD to race, and FWD for some just regular cruise cars.

PWMAN
09-16-2003, 05:30 PM
Well the reason that DSM's are such a spinbox is because they have more torque. There's something about Honda's, they just don't have any torque. Like you could match up a 210 HP integra and a GST which is 210 HP and the GST will smoke it easily because it has 214 Ft/lbs where the integra would have like 160. Same thing with my Daytona, I have 146 HP stock, 168 ft/lbs, and when it was stock I could easily beat a LS integra with minor mods which would have like 150 HP but only 135 ft/lbs. And my car even weighs more than an integra. But soon I'm going to be as fast or faster than a GST, because I'm upping my boost to 12 pounds (from 7) and putting on a intercooler(factory non-intercooled). I also have a couple other mods like SRI, HFC and no muffler. Right now I'm at about 160 or so HP, I can keep up with a GSR no problem.

KrNxRaCer00
09-17-2003, 04:13 AM
kinda tough to make any real torque numbers at 7000+ rpm (which is the peak power point).

u both are correct. the gs-t is slow from a dig, but from a roll, a fwd car does have an advantage over an awd car any day (if both have same power numbers)

have to go w/ chris tho, i'd take a gsx over gs-t...im a sucker for awd launches... :biggrin:

Add your comment to this topic!