Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Ricer Needs Help!

bolognie sandwich
08-10-2003, 05:19 PM
All right so my whole life ive been working on muscle cars and street rods and last two cars were an 86 firebird and a 68 chevrolet nova seafrost green with a black vinyl top, a 454 etc. etc. etc. .......any way i had sold my car and decided to go to a local car auction. I was planning on just getting a beater maybe 2 or 3 hundred dollars, when i walked the lot to check out the cars b4 the auction there was this beautiful 92 acura integra gs sitting there now at the time(about a month ago) i didnt even now what it was. I had seen plenty of rice boys around with soup can exuasts and stickers slapped all over, and my nova had spanked em all, but when i saw this car there was this epiphany!!!!!! I bought it for way under what its worth and bought every import magazine i could get my hands on. Now here i am 2 months later and i need some help, so here goes.......I want to put a turbo(as big as i can go and keep her streatable and reliable.) but i dont know much about how to go about this. My engine is a B18A1, ABS car. My goal is to get this car in the low tens but i am unsure if these cars can accomplish this????can they? and still be streatable? Im put all carbon fiber on the car including the doors so that should help. Please help!

config
08-10-2003, 10:46 PM
dumbass. :screwy:

gnushit
08-11-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by config
dumbass. :screwy: :spit: :lol:

for the car to be streetable and reliable and run 10's, you would need to rip out the engine and put a v8 in there :sly:

knorwj
08-11-2003, 01:18 PM
he's obviously new to imports and he came here to learn more... i don't think that is a dumb move he said himself he didn't know much about the car. i think you guys are outta line tellin him he's a dumbass.

anyway low tens in an integra is not streetable and it will take alot more than a turbo to get it there. not to mention a shit load of money, and time. i don't really know the specifics but i do know that stuff.

good luck to you on this and hopefully some more positive and helpful people can reply.

DblOvrhedCamron
08-11-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by gnushit
:spit: :lol:

for the car to be streetable and reliable and run 10's, you would need to rip out the engine and put a v8 in there :sly:
yea he should take out the motor and drop a v8 in......retard....... there are plenty of 10 sec honda's out there, one of selfs close friends has a 424hp daily driven civic. my integra runs 11's so it's not impossible. On a side note- just b/c you own an integra doesen't mean your a ricer, ricer's are ppl who make there car's hideous with body kits and type R stickers. :thefinger

tran_nsx
08-11-2003, 03:01 PM
hey i resent that last remark about ricer's having body kits. a lot of ricer can't even afford one, thats why they have pieces of kits and its not even painted, its primered up.i actually heard having a car primered up and driving around will hurt it, and this is from a paint shop. a nice body kit with definately make ur car look better.ok now back on the subject, i wanna say congrats for ur new purchase and that car will be worth while when it comes to reliability and fuel consumption. but i see u wanna to modify it as much as possible so thats a different story. im going to let u know that the motor u got it great for a turbo, its the same as mine which is the ls. for the 92 integra the after market parts isn't as abundant as the 3rd gen integra though so thats a bad thing, but they still have some.if ur looking for tons of horses the only turbo kit i know that works for that gen is from rev hard. the have 3 stages u can choose, stage 1=75+hp, stage 2= 120+hp, and stage 3=550+hp( stage 3 is for track and u would basically have to change everything inside the engine bay for that kinda hp set up). im still thinking of getting stage 2 once my body kit and paint job is complete, but woried how am i gonna pass smog. yeah i know one of u is gonna say just pay some one off or something like that, but its not that easy, if somebody does know some one that can pass smog for me, i'd be galdy appreciated, then i would leam more into getting force induction. right now the estimation for those three things (body kit, paint job, and turbo is around 10 grand) is really a lot of money so its definately gonna take some time, but i think my integra is worth it.oh one more thing if u are gonna get a turbo don't worry about intakes and headers, the turbo will have everything u need. and good luck on ur project.

S1 Type-R
08-11-2003, 05:14 PM
Type-R Stickers!?

Hrmm the dealer placed it on there....Am I a ricer? lol :tongue:

bolognie sandwich
08-11-2003, 06:51 PM
thanks tran_nsx, youv'e been helpful, like i said in my post im new to this and there is no reason for some ass to tear into me, I came here becuase my lack of knowledge so i could learn. Tran_nsx do you have any pictures of your car and any info on your mods? And i definetly think this car is worth me throwing 10 or even 20 grand into, its a great car and the reliability is wonderful, all and all i must say i am impressed with the 4 cyl. amazing power and pick up.

S1 Type-R
08-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Bolo,

How many miles do you have on your integra? and how fast are you looking to go? youz looking into forced induction, NOS or All Motor? :sly:

gnushit
08-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by DblOvrhedCamron

yea he should take out the motor and drop a v8 in......retard....... there are plenty of 10 sec honda's out there, one of selfs close friends has a 424hp daily driven civic. my integra runs 11's so it's not impossible. On a side note- just b/c you own an integra doesen't mean your a ricer, ricer's are ppl who make there car's hideous with body kits and type R stickers. :thefinger so your buddy's civic is reliable? he NEVER has to do any engine work? is it the ORIGINAL motor? it's street legal? it can pass an emissions test with flying colors? he doesn't have to reprogram the ecu everytime he races? i doubt you can answer all of those questions with "yes" :loser:

oh btw, let's see your time slip and dyno

tran_nsx
08-11-2003, 09:33 PM
no sorry i don't have any, my last car pics was of my 91 honda crx si, that thing was immaculent when i bought it. i pamper her with the best stuff, hell i even named it,lol her name was c-r-ra, like sierra, then after 3 years she got totalled and i was depressed to tell u the truth, i want to leep that car forever, now my views on cars are a little bit different, i don't treasure them as much becuz i know thier just material things but i still treat my integ nice, and no i didn't name it. but if u want i can take some pics and put it here. only one prob though. how do i put it here i got a scanner but i only used it once and that was to put my pic on my profile. directions anyone? oh and just to let u know this is what i got so far
-aem intake
-greddy full catback m/x exhaust(wanted the evol, but wasn't avail for that gen)
-18's tenzo-r passion five; gun metal( 16's are lighter, but it just won't look as sweet)
-215/35/zr18 kumho esta supra tires( wider tires= better traction)
-1 1/2in drop lowering springs
-ingalls camber kit (to correct alignment)
-vis invader stlye carbon fiber hood
-fenco high performance cv axles /w heavy duty yellow neoprene boots (slowly getting things ready for turbo)
-optima yellow top battery (for my system)
-sony deck, mid range speakers and tweeters
-3 jl 10in w0 subs in stealth vantage box(made for 3rd gen iteg, but hey it was a good deal, i got it for $279 including subs)
in next 3 months -hi performance chip, nology spark plug wires, maybe ngk plugs, and purchase body kit. i still don't know what to get yet as far as in the kits, all i know is it has to be polyurethane not no crappy fiberglass.

S1 Type-R
08-11-2003, 09:36 PM
Tran_NSX,

Sorry im a little confused do you own a NSX or Integra? or Both? :bloated:

config
08-12-2003, 02:28 AM
I still think he was being sarcastic and making fun of us.

tran_nsx
08-12-2003, 02:50 AM
to answer ur question s1 type-r i got an integra, the nsx is my fantasy car i just can't have, well not right now anyways. ever since my uncle got one, i told my self some i' ll get one too some day, right now its out of my league especially with the car payments, insurance, probably add up to 900 a month. not to mention im a full time college student still got 7 more years to go. so what ever money i accumulate i put forth into my teg or school, and after its done i should hopefully have some money for rsx type-r if and when it comes. obw speaking of nsx i can't wait to see the new v8 nsx thats coming out, i just wish they add some more into their cars though like a turbo , or awd, or both, then it would really kick ass.on another topic , how much do u pay for ins? and how old are u? that way i kinda know what i'll be paying for a type-r sorta. o don't worry about that guy's comment u got the real type-r sticker:bigthumb:, in my opinion a ricer is one of those guys no matter what race they are(b4 it was only asians) who do really stupid things to their cars to make them think they have a fast car like stickers, decals and gauges like they have some sort of turbo, but nine out of ten they don't have crap, and they wanna race anyone and everyone. those guys really give people like some of us a bad name.of course that is only my opinion. my philosophy is if ur gonna talk the talk, then u better walk the walk.

DblOvrhedCamron
08-12-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by gnushit
so your buddy's civic is reliable? he NEVER has to do any engine work? is it the ORIGINAL motor? it's street legal? it can pass an emissions test with flying colors? he doesn't have to reprogram the ecu everytime he races? i doubt you can answer all of those questions with "yes" :loser:

oh btw, let's see your time slip and dyno
YES, and you should ask self not me (the moderator). :thefinger

There are current members that run simular times
for instance civicgsr_T-4_60-1 runs 10's I believe, and hybridsol runs a low 12.

Do a quick search if you want my times asshole. :thefinger

S1 Type-R
08-13-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by tran_nsx
to answer ur question s1 type-r i got an integra, the nsx is my fantasy car i just can't have, well not right now anyways. ever since my uncle got one, i told my self some i' ll get one too some day, right now its out of my league especially with the car payments, insurance, probably add up to 900 a month. not to mention im a full time college student still got 7 more years to go. so what ever money i accumulate i put forth into my teg or school, and after its done i should hopefully have some money for rsx type-r if and when it comes. obw speaking of nsx i can't wait to see the new v8 nsx thats coming out, i just wish they add some more into their cars though like a turbo , or awd, or both, then it would really kick ass.on another topic , how much do u pay for ins? and how old are u? that way i kinda know what i'll be paying for a type-r sorta. o don't worry about that guy's comment u got the real type-r sticker:bigthumb:, in my opinion a ricer is one of those guys no matter what race they are(b4 it was only asians) who do really stupid things to their cars to make them think they have a fast car like stickers, decals and gauges like they have some sort of turbo, but nine out of ten they don't have crap, and they wanna race anyone and everyone. those guys really give people like some of us a bad name.of course that is only my opinion. my philosophy is if ur gonna talk the talk, then u better walk the walk.

Tran_NSX,

Ahhh koolz.....The NSX is a sweet car its on my wish list also :tongue: ...Im thinking of gettin one after the Type-R is paid off....and to anwser your question on how old I am im 23, and I pay a bundle for insurance I get a multiple car discount but even then I have about 5 speeding tickets that are still on my record I pay about a close $1500 (per month)for my car payments and my Insurace come to about $900 a month. :frown:

tran_nsx
08-13-2003, 06:41 PM
holy crap what kinda of job do u have to have all those cars? u must be doing something good:bigthumb: .im looking for job also, so maybe u can hook me up. im kinda glad mines not a type-r, i pay 600 a year for liability, since i paid the car in full, not bad don't u think? oh btw ur the same age as me just to let u know. it would have been cool if we knew each other since i use to live down south, just move last year. my pics gets done friday and i need someone to tell me how to put it up here, can u help? and put ur car pic up also so i can see. thanks

bolognie sandwich
08-13-2003, 07:47 PM
S1 type-r,

I would like to keep it streatable and reliable, so im not sure if forced induction, all motor, or nitrous is the way to go. Is forced induction like a turbo? and my car has 167,000 miles on her.

lordvektra
08-13-2003, 10:07 PM
with 160k Im not sure if either FI (Turbo) or Nitrous would be a good way to go without a rebuild or swap first. Im not sure what exactly you can drop in the '92 but that would be my first choice and if you are willing to put $10k total into the car I think would be a great start

S1 Type-R
08-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by tran_nsx
holy crap what kinda of job do u have to have all those cars? u must be doing something good:bigthumb: .im looking for job also, so maybe u can hook me up. im kinda glad mines not a type-r, i pay 600 a year for liability, since i paid the car in full, not bad don't u think? oh btw ur the same age as me just to let u know. it would have been cool if we knew each other since i use to live down south, just move last year. my pics gets done friday and i need someone to tell me how to put it up here, can u help? and put ur car pic up also so i can see. thanks

Hehe well im a network administrator for CapitalOne Auto Finance.....It pays well (But could do alot better IMO :tongue: ) Anyway sure I could see if I could hook you up here in Daygo....What type of work do you do? into Computers? anyway I would love to pay only $600 for ins annually ...:frown: and for posting pics you need to use the icons up on the top just highlight the URL and hit the IMG botton....or you can do it manually by doing this: ~~~URL HERE~~~....hope that helps... :smile:

knorwj
08-14-2003, 09:35 PM
and for posting pics you need to use the icons up on the top just highlight the URL and hit the IMG botton....or you can do it manually by doing this: ~~~URL HERE~~~....hope that helps... :smile:[/QUOTE]

so thats how you do it... thanx i was wondering also.

tran_nsx
08-14-2003, 10:04 PM
hey bolognie what happen to wanting to making ur teg go to the 10's? first u were all excited now this, whats going on? and to let u know turbo is forced induction, well one of them any ways. i just wrote an e-mail to rev hard to find out if thier turbos are legal, and if it is then forced induction will be in my future plans. u got about 25,000 miles more then me so if u are gonna go the turbo route i reccomend u either having the engine rebuilt or get a jdm one. im going to eventually gonna do the same thing once my set up is done. right now im just trying to get the exterior to look sweet. the paint chips on my front bumper is annoying the hell out of me. my 14 year old sis hit something i can't recall and it's slowly chipping the paint. o btw im don't need to get into the 10's, low 12's is all i need, hell low 12's is faster then most stock cars, the only problem is its gonna be hard especially with body kit and full interior.

tran_nsx
08-15-2003, 09:31 PM
ok i get that part s1 but how do i get my pics which are in my pics folder here? maybe u can clarify that in more detail. my profile for chats all i had to do to get my pic in was browse for the pic i want.over here i see it kinda different.oh yeah about the job thing i don't know a lot about computers but i can learn, i have an old friend who does it all the time. i just finish the military and now in college about to look for a job so it doesn't have to be the exact job ur doing, but it would help :biggrin:

eckoman_pdx
08-16-2003, 03:37 AM
First off, with 167,000 miles, a rebuild is a smart idea. Also, if you want anything close to ten's, your going to need lots of boost. You can either swap in a 94+ LS B18B1 (should have more available stuff) if you want to, but the LS is a great turbo enigne (your's is also a LS engine, just the Gen 2 one, you CAN put in a 94+ LS but you'll need to contact hasport for a hydralic-cable tranny conversion kit). Even if you swap, you'll want to rebuild the internals. Basically, strenghten the internals. New, stronger pistons, rods (low c/r of course), valves, srpings, etc. Close the deck, since honda's have an open deck design. The crank should be fine, honda cranks are good. There is a set of cams which work well with a turbo LS set-up, but I forget the name/part number. If I remember I will post it. Anyways, build up the internals strong, close the deck, you can run 20-25 psi fine at that point. Don't be afriad to put togther your own turbo kit, it's a great alternative to pre-made ones, and sometimes costs less. To get power, basically, you'll need to turbo the engine with heavy boost. So it's very important to build the re-build the motor to handle this heavy boost. Also, make sure the enigne flows enough fule for the new turbo set-up, so bigger injectors, FMU, fuel-pump, etc.

www.performance-lab.com

This place knows there stuff, very very well. If you have 10-20 grand like you said, you'll be fine in your build. That is definatly enough. It's no biggie to re-build your motor, even if it were new, you'd be replaceing and strneghten the internals, closing the deck, etc., 3 or 5-way vavle job, port and polish, etc, to allow the engine to flow better and handle the boost you will need to attian your goal. If you wanna check out that site/call them, they know there stuff and can help (talk to tim or dave) Don't get discouredged, you can build the LS motor into a fast turbo monster. It's all about making sure your motor can handle the needed boost levels and flowing the proper amount of fuel.

tran_nsx
08-16-2003, 04:29 AM
ok here are some pics of my car, the last one is a freebie. hope u guys like
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/969717Mail0001.JPG http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/259938Mail.JPG http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/713549cheeks.jpg

bolognie sandwich
08-16-2003, 07:29 PM
Tran_nsx,
I still want to get my teg to the tens, and i am more excited now than i have ever been about it, especially now that ive been getting all this positive an helpfull feed back. Thanks to all. But any way tran no matter what it takes i would like to get to the tens and i am commited in both time and money. Also in reply too my internals i plan on rebuilding them and getting the engine bored out to a 2.2 liter....i saw that a company called eagle makes a kit for the b18a1 so i think that would be a good first step then after that onto the turbo....but can i really run 20 to 25 psi like some one posted? with beefy internals and a closed deck? Questions? comments? helpful information apprecitated :)

eckoman_pdx
08-16-2003, 09:54 PM
Tran_nsx,
I still want to get my teg to the tens, and i am more excited now than i have ever been about it, especially now that ive been getting all this positive an helpfull feed back. Thanks to all. But any way tran no matter what it takes i would like to get to the tens and i am commited in both time and money. Also in reply too my internals i plan on rebuilding them and getting the engine bored out to a 2.2 liter....i saw that a company called eagle makes a kit for the b18a1 so i think that would be a good first step then after that onto the turbo....but can i really run 20 to 25 psi like some one posted? with beefy internals and a closed deck? Questions? comments? helpful information apprecitated :)

Yes, if you Build the Engine to handle the Boost, you can run 20-25 PSI....not on stock internals, but if you build the motor, yes. On stock internals, 20-25 psi will rip the rods from the pistons and crank the open deck, but if you build it right and close the deck, yes. Some stock cars build there engine properly to handle it from the factory, the Lancer EVO VIII, runs 19 lbs of boost. Thats how you run heavy boost, build the engine to handle it and make sure you got enough fule flow. If you don't beilive me, call up preformance LAB and ask Tim Anderson. That guy knows his shit. Any good engine tuner or anyone thats knows about turbo's will tell you you CAN RUN 20-25 psi on the engine if it's built properly to handle it. Read books and articles on it, you'll see the same thing. I know a guy in Cali with a 500 HP Boosted LS/VTec. Yes, it's done right, he did it himself...all of the work (has his own machine shop and an engineering degree).

adidas_coin
08-17-2003, 05:03 AM
ricer's are ppl who make there car's hideous with body kits and type R stickers. :thefinger

Hey! those cars have like 500vhp "Visual Horse Power"

I cant believe he said Ricer!!! LOL :nono:

DSM LOVE

adidas_coin
08-17-2003, 05:12 AM
On a positive note definatly look at a stroker kit and a thin metal HG. :ylsuper:

DSM LOVE

tran_nsx
08-17-2003, 09:09 PM
Tran_nsx,

hey im glad to hear u haven't change ur mind, looks like ur serious about this so i hope for the best. but if ur gonna get it in to the 10's i honestly don't think its gonna be street legal anymore, and u gonna have to get stuff like roll cages and stickies. im trying to make my car fast but at the same time a daily driver and street legal. haven't heard any word from rev hard, gonna give them a couple more days, something tells me they haven't responded yet cause thier turbos aren't street legal, but of course that my assumptions, lets hope im wrong. please lets hope im wrong

sihondasracer
08-17-2003, 10:20 PM
lok he right gettin into tens ina teggy will make it illlegal.but i say who cares?..lol..but yea what i would do it get a vtec head/motor and then turbo the thing.very possible but spensive.but hey gettin a 4 banger into 10's isnt cheap anyway.just dont give up.that sound gay to say but its true.i have to many friends who never made their mark beacuze they werent motivated.but yea man have fun.later

bolognie sandwich
08-18-2003, 03:09 PM
hey tran im with sihonda dont worry about it being street legal how will the cops know? Im in pennsylvania so im not sure how things are were you are but here as long as you drive sensible when the cops are around you will be fine. I myself am not worried to much about street legality, and i get my car inspected without any inspection if you know what i mean ;)

tran_nsx
08-18-2003, 09:41 PM
hey tran im with sihonda dont worry about it being street legal how will the cops know? Im in pennsylvania so im not sure how things are were you are but here as long as you drive sensible when the cops are around you will be fine. I myself am not worried to much about street legality, and i get my car inspected without any inspection if you know what i mean ;)

lucky devil, thats what i need someone who can pass my car without inspecting it. im from cali, so the laws are more stricted then the other states. as we speak cali has started a new enhanced smog check for all cars here and it cost up to three times more. so as u can see i am kinda worried about it especially when i have to smog it in a couple days. As far as cops go its not that bad here in the bay area, but when i was in sothern cali, they would pull me over for stupid reasons so they can check out under my hood to see if i have anything illegal.u probably know import racing started in sothern cali so i guess they are trying to a get crack down, especially when there are illegal races at night time. hey though if u or any one of u guys know a person who can pass my car without inspecting that would be awesome. right now it should pass, no guarantee, but if i want true horse power gains like forced induction then its gonna be a real prob u see.

Add your comment to this topic!