Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Key Fob

57chevyragtop
05-25-2016, 01:58 PM
Hello, 2002 3.4 137k key fobs both came with car lost programing an will not do the learn process described in the owners manual. I don't know where the receiver is, maybe under dash... but if you have any ideas what to do I'd be thankful. batteries replaced in both and both fobs checked good at the dealer.

Stealthee
05-25-2016, 03:40 PM
I don't know what programming option you tried but a quick Google found this.

http://blog.keylessentryremotefob.com/2013/02/2004-chevrolet-impala-key-fob-remote.html

One of the comments makes mention that you need to have the factory radio to self program.

57chevyragtop
05-25-2016, 04:42 PM
This is the procedure that is in my owners manual. Does not chime on either fob before push button Quits. I do hear something like a quiet click like it wants to chime but after 10 or so tries still not working. I think the receiver needs reprogramed with GM scanner tech 2 from what I've been able to gather from other posts I researched before posting this thread.

Stealthee
05-25-2016, 06:06 PM
Good luck with your search for an answer to your problem.

GMCustomerService
05-26-2016, 08:25 AM
This is the procedure that is in my owners manual. Does not chime on either fob before push button Quits. I do hear something like a quiet click like it wants to chime but after 10 or so tries still not working. I think the receiver needs reprogramed with GM scanner tech 2 from what I've been able to gather from other posts I researched before posting this thread.

Hey there 57chevyragtop,

I'm sorry to hear about your key fobs not working properly, I understand how frustrating that is. Have you taken them into your dealership yet? If you'd like further assistance, please send us a private message and we'd be happy to reach out to them for you.

Thanks!

Chelsea D.
GM Customer Care

57chevyragtop
05-26-2016, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have been to the dealer and they offered to scan the system. I am unable to afford it at this time. I do appreciate your interest.

waldowales
01-20-2017, 08:47 PM
Any good locksmith should be able to handle the programming. Costs about $25.00.

Add your comment to this topic!