Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Kia Spectra Turn signal problems

mxmissle
07-07-2012, 11:50 AM
2001 Kia Spectra 1.8L A/C no sunroof. Turn signals don't come on at all. Tapping around the fuse box with a screw driver gets them to work fine, then they stop after a bit. I'm assuming "TNS" is the turn signals.

Should I replace the S/B fuse and the mini relay, or check the pin/connection tension first.
If I unbolt the under-the-hood fuse panel, am I walking into a complete rewiring job? Or does it hold together well?

I just don't want to create more problems than I have.

Thank you in advance.

rhandwor
07-11-2012, 05:46 PM
2001 Kia Spectra 1.8L A/C no sunroof. Turn signals don't come on at all. Tapping around the fuse box with a screw driver gets them to work fine, then they stop after a bit. I'm assuming "TNS" is the turn signals.

Should I replace the S/B fuse and the mini relay, or check the pin/connection tension first.
If I unbolt the under-the-hood fuse panel, am I walking into a complete rewiring job? Or does it hold together well?

I just don't want to create more problems than I have.

Thank you in advance.
I removed the fuse holder on my Sorento just disconnect the battery ground first. If you have a bad pin purchase an inline fuse holder at the parts store use the same size fuse. It may be corroded at the connection.

mxmissle
07-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Thank you. I found an aftermarket flasher relay under the dash with "custom" wiring. I checked the relay by repeatedly tapping it with a screwdriver while it was flashing, then realized the positive wire wasn't crimped properly. Stripped off heat-shrink, chopped out connector, new connector and heat-shrink, flasher works fine. I also stumbled across a burned up fuse (10A) titled "ROOM" on the legend of under hood fuses. Replaced that, so I guess the "ROOM" has power now. I'm just stunned that i couldn't find a single repair manual for a KIA anywhere in Waco. I'll have to look around Houston.

rhandwor
07-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Thank you. I found an aftermarket flasher relay under the dash with "custom" wiring. I checked the relay by repeatedly tapping it with a screwdriver while it was flashing, then realized the positive wire wasn't crimped properly. Stripped off heat-shrink, chopped out connector, new connector and heat-shrink, flasher works fine. I also stumbled across a burned up fuse (10A) titled "ROOM" on the legend of under hood fuses. Replaced that, so I guess the "ROOM" has power now. I'm just stunned that i couldn't find a single repair manual for a KIA anywhere in Waco. I'll have to look around Houston.
I got a cd rom manual on ebay for my Sorento.

Add your comment to this topic!