Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trailblazer Driver Side Window Switch

mandusa
06-12-2012, 10:44 PM
The master window switch in the front, driver's side of my 2002 trailblazer started malfunctioning last week. The issue is, the button to open/close the front, passenger window is stuck in the down position. So there is no way to put the passenger window up. All the other buttons work fine on the switch. I've pulled the whole switch out and pulled out the plug. Then I was able to use the window button on the passenger side to put the window up.

But if I plug the master switch back in, the passenger window opens back up immediately and stays that way. I've ordered a replacement part online but it's going to take a week to arrive and I've got an issue in the meantime.

I've been leaving the master switch unplugged and just locking my doors manually, unfortunately this is a royal pain in the butt because I can't open any of the other windows and can't set the alarm on the truck. And because it's unplugged, it is drawing power off the battery somehow. So I turned off the interior lights and everything but after two days of leaving the switch unplugged, the truck started having major malfunctions, no AC, no radio, no indicator light telling me what gear I'm in, gas gauge doesn't work, etc. So then I plug the switch back in and everything is fine again except the damned open passenger window.

Is there any way to de-activate the front passenger window from the passenger side so that I can plug the master swich back in until my new part arrives?

Very frustrating but then again, everything on that rusting out hulk has been a nightmare and one weird problem after another.

Can anyone give me a temporary fix that is better than a) leaving the master switch unplugged or b) leaving the passenger window open 24/7.

Thank you

Tech II
06-13-2012, 07:19 AM
put the window back up, disconnect the passenger front window switch, then reconnect the master....now only the passenger window won't work, but your master will work the other three.....

Add your comment to this topic!