Adding Bluetooth

teegolf
07-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Bought a 2011 Impala LT that appears to have had the bluetooth option deleted from the factory. Anyone know what is required to add the bluetooth? I do have On Star. Also do you know the build codes for a car with bluetooth if I was to try to find ther parts in a salvage yard?

Thanks!

HeMi101
07-21-2011, 11:40 PM
The Bluetooth is built into the Onstart module it self, so you would have to swap for a new module (Its mounted in the left side of the truck to the back of the wheel well).

teegolf
08-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Any idea if any reprogramming is needed when I change the On Star module or can I just swap it out? There also appears to be a bluetooth antenae. Does it just plug into the On Star unit?

Thanks,
Teegolf

HeMi101
08-03-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm not sure off hand, but I wouldn't be surprised if the correct vin needs to be programmed in.

teegolf
07-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Just wanted to follow up. All I had to do was swap out the Onstar module. Make sure when you change modules that you get the Bluetooth antenea with the module you are purchasing to install. It is just a little piece that plugs into one of the antenae ports on the module. Mine works great and i love having the feature.

Add your comment to this topic!