Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 civic ex brake light problem

evn711
07-17-2011, 04:43 PM
The tail lights work and the headlights work, but no brake lights. All fuses have been checked and switch has already been replaced. Anybody experienced this before? Any ideas besides tracing power from the bulb connector back? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Moppie
07-17-2011, 04:53 PM
G'day. welcome to AF :)

Assume all the bulbs are good?

It could be the switch under the pedal.

evn711
07-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Yea, i originally thought so too. But the switch was already replaced....Without a good wiring diagram, all I can think to do is check for the correct voltage at the bulb connectors and depending on the results, and if they vary per connector go from there...and thanks by the way. I've never joined an online auto forum so this is a little new to me.

Moppie
07-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Yea, i originally thought so too. But the switch was already replaced....Without a good wiring diagram, all I can think to do is check for the correct voltage at the bulb connectors and depending on the results, and if they vary per connector go from there...and thanks by the way. I've never joined an online auto forum so this is a little new to me.

No worries.
I've around forums since last century, they are very useful and cool places on the web :sunglasse

The wiring is pretty simple.
I'm pretty sure they share a ground with the rest of the lights in the cluster.
It could be a bad relay?

Galuple
03-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Check the bulbs because they're dual filament bulbs. Mine looked fine and when I replaced them it worked again.

Add your comment to this topic!