Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

auto headlight problem not ignition switch

Solonys
06-15-2011, 10:32 AM
My automatic headlights stopped working a bit ago. I replaced the ignition switch and checked the fuses but no go. I can't seem to find if there is a relay I should replace that is specifically for the auto headlights, does anyone know? Headlights work normally if I turn them on manually.

Thanks in advance!

pfofit
06-15-2011, 11:37 AM
The auto headlamp relay is behind the glove box at one end of a row of 4 or 5 relays.

It will be the one with two yellow wires going to it as well as a black, an orange and a pink/white wires.

The light sensor on the dash sends a signal to the BCM that it turns activates this relay that bypasses/simulates the stalk switch.

Solonys
08-30-2011, 01:18 PM
The auto headlamp relay is behind the glove box at one end of a row of 4 or 5 relays.

It will be the one with two yellow wires going to it as well as a black, an orange and a pink/white wires.

The light sensor on the dash sends a signal to the BCM that it turns activates this relay that bypasses/simulates the stalk switch.

I replaced this relay and the auto headlights still do not work. The sensor appears to be good; when I pull the car into a parking garage the dash lights up and the radio dims like it is supposed to.

Add your comment to this topic!