Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Quick warranty question.

UsedtobeSmart
05-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Hi, guys. Hope someone more familiar with cars less than ten years old can help me out. :lol2:

I just bought a 2009 Versa SL sedan with the convenience package. Only 2300 miles. No, I didn't drop a zero or a one, it really did come with only 2300 miles on it. Here's the problem -- the steering wheel-mounted audio controls don't seem to work. Maybe I'm missing something, but the volume controls don't work and I need to turn the dial to raise and lower the volume. Think Nissan will fix this for me or give me a load of crap as to why they can't? I got the car from a used car dealer, not a dealership, but I know that doesn't void the basic 3/36,000 warranty.

Thanks!

UsedtobeSmart
05-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Well, update. They are going to fix it under warranty, but it's going to take a week. I may just take the car back to the seller and demand my money back under NY's Lemon Law.

jimnis
07-21-2011, 09:12 AM
I believe that your car is still under warranty. Contact the nissan support and they will guide you. I dont see any problem why they wont. Since your car is well under the 36000 warranty they will do it.

Remember while applying for a warranty , Keep all your docs in place. Many a times when you buy an old car , the vehicle ownership also needs to get transferred. Without a valid ownership there is no way you can claim the warranty.

Hope this helps
Jim
Nissan Chicago (http://www.nissanofstcharles.com)

Add your comment to this topic!