Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AT Oil Temp Light Flashes: 97 Subaru Legacy LSi

TBFK
04-02-2011, 02:31 PM
My car just started doing something funny a couple weeks ago, and i don't know where to begin when it comes to diagnosing the issue. I just recently hooked up my factory fog lights on my 1997 Legacy LSi, and since i hooked them back up. My car will die going down the road after a mile or two of driving, it started by loosing power for a second or two, to now sometimes completely shutting down no matter what i'm doing. After i turn it back on, a light flashes that says "AT Oil Temp." Also....when i try to adjust my side view mirrors, my security light to the right of my steering wheel (which is also factory) starts blinking. Same thing happens if i try to use the lights in both my driver and passenger visors. I don't know exactly whats going on with it. Does anyone have any clue?

Scrapper
04-02-2011, 04:10 PM
My car just started doing something funny a couple weeks ago, and i don't know where to begin when it comes to diagnosing the issue. I just recently hooked up my factory fog lights on my 1997 Legacy LSi, and since i hooked them back up. My car will die going down the road after a mile or two of driving, it started by loosing power for a second or two, to now sometimes completely shutting down no matter what i'm doing. After i turn it back on, a light flashes that says "AT Oil Temp." Also....when i try to adjust my side view mirrors, my security light to the right of my steering wheel (which is also factory) starts blinking. Same thing happens if i try to use the lights in both my driver and passenger visors. I don't know exactly whats going on with it. Does anyone have any clue?

maybe your cat is pluging up when it shuts down after cooling off and you try to start it dose it start right up? and on your lites you hooked then it starting doing this? if so if you unhook them will it run right?

TBFK
04-02-2011, 04:39 PM
maybe your cat is pluging up when it shuts down after cooling off and you try to start it dose it start right up? and on your lites you hooked then it starting doing this? if so if you unhook them will it run right? I was getting the P0400 code from my check engine light, the code means that their is an Exhaust Recyrclation Flow Problem. and i did try disconnecting the fog lights, but it kept doing the same thing. i just got back from my lunch break, and its cold and raining now, and it didn't do it at all and i drove my normal route when the problem usually occurrs.

TBFK
04-10-2011, 03:42 PM

I've been doing a lot of troubleshooting and fixed a couple problems so far.

For the Engine Stalling Issue, it was my MAF Sensor, which was dirty, I cleaned it, and my car doesn't stall anymore. If you tried cleaning it, it may need to be replaced. But before you go and buy a replacement MAF Sensor, borrow a MAF Sensor (One that you know works) from another Subaru of the same model and year, and see if it resolves your issue. If not, then their is something wrong with your wiring, maybe a frayed, kinked, or exposed wire.

For the P0400 and P0403 DTC Codes, I cleaned my EGR Valve, and replaced the EGR Pressure Feedback Sensor, cleared the DTC Codes, and it hasn't came back on since.

I have more detailed information, just follow the link I provided....

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=46646

If anyone else has a similar problem, then I hope this helps...

As far as the security light issue goes. I'm still looking for a solution.

Add your comment to this topic!