Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96-2000 Sebring Conv RECALLS

Sterlingii2001
02-05-2011, 11:00 AM
To all of you Chrysler Sebring Convertible and Coupe owners out there. Be very cautious and aware. Check out NTHSA.com and see the recalls on your vehicle. I was driving my 1997 Sebring Convertible which is a one owner and the front ball joint and control arm assembly broke in half at the connection area by the wheel hub assembly. Thankfully I was not traveling to fast but a couple thousand dollars worth of damage was done. Chrysler is aware of this problem but when I called the Chrysler Dealership they informed me there was not a recall on my particular vehicle. This is bull since there are recalls for both the front ball joint and control arm breaking on these vehicles. The tow truck driver that towed my vehicle informed me this was the 3rd Sebring Convertible that has had this same exact problem in 2 months. Unfortunately 2 of the other vehicles were totalled because when it broke one car flipped and the other crashed, there were pretty severe injuries in those wrecks from what the tow truck driver said to me. We all need to file a complaint to NTHSA, if you are experiencing a rattle, shake or a sound that is similar to rubbing from the front end you had better have your vehicle checked before your traveling down the highway at 65Mph and your front tire and hub goes flying off. Please respond with any and all feedback. Thank you!

Add your comment to this topic!