Heres is a really weird problem.....Can anyone help??....please!!

team_losi123
07-25-2010, 02:46 PM
So I had hard shifting from 2nd to 3rd, and no shift indicator lights on dash, so figured it was the range mode sensor....bought a brand new one and it worked perfect!!.....Right after installing it...I had the indicator lights and she shifted perfect...I was sooooo happy!! Well that lasted for exactly 1 day, then the next day i turn the truck on and no indicator lights and again the hard shifting 2nd to 3rd....then noticed my turn signal fuse was blown, so replace it and indicator light came on for a sec and burnt another fuse, then another, then another, etc, till finally I put a fuse in and it didnt blow but the range mode sensor wouldnt come on at all (no indicator lights)....So I went down and checked plug, replugged it in...didnt work....took positive off batt for a few min....didnt work.......So is it possible my tranny is eating up range mode sensors....can they do that?? And why would it work perfect for a full day.....it was so nice seeing that little blue indicator light!! But this is getting frustrating as I know my tranny works great and shifts smooth as long as the range mode sensor is working, but a new one should last more than 1 day!!...............Any idea's.....help would be much appreciated to say the least

Cheers

Ryan

Cat Fuzz
07-26-2010, 03:52 AM
Maybe the new sensor was damaged somehow and/or the wiring is damaged.

stantony1
08-09-2010, 02:22 PM
You might want to check your alternator for low voltage and your battery health for low voltage. The juice is tied into A LOT (yes I meant to used all caps) of things that go haywire or blow when the battery and alt are acting up.

Good Luck.

Add your comment to this topic!