Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2006 Front Rotor Change

Hoags
05-27-2010, 12:15 PM
I am about to change the rotos on my son's friends car. Appearently he has the front rotors that have to have the spindle nut removed so that the rotor be removed. I have never done this, all the rotors I have changed were able to come off once the caliper was removed. Is there any thing I should know ahead of time? How difficult is it to remove once the spindle nut is removed. Is there a specific proceedure for putting it all back together. An input is greatly appreciated.

I went to do it today but they (the parts store) sold the kid the wrong rotors. They sold him 12 inch rotors, the ones on the car are no more than 10 or 10 & 1/2 inches. He was going to get the correct roters snd let me know if they tell him any specifics that will help put it all back together.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Airjer_
05-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Theres a 11 1/2 and 10" option (roughly). Both are knock off rotors. Shouldn't have to remove anything except the caliper to get them off.

AJT1961
05-27-2010, 03:02 PM
I agree that you just need to remove the calipers.

Hoags
05-27-2010, 03:20 PM
OK Thanks Guys, I am finding out more and you guys have confirmed that. He must have the 10 inch rotor. I am most likely going to change it tomorrow I'll post up something if it is different than just changing out the rotor.

Thanks again for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Dan

Add your comment to this topic!