Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Crankshaft broken?!?!

BUCHO_LE1
05-27-2010, 08:08 AM
I have an interesting situation with a local mechanic. My car completely died while driving down the highway three weeks ago and I didn't even know it shut off until I tried to accelerate. I had it towed to the family mechanic and the headache began.

He had it a week before saying the ion module was bad and that's why it shut off. After a week passed and he replaced the ion module, he said the timing belt broke after 30 seconds of running and wouldn't restart. Then another week passed and he said that the one of the crankshafts broke. He has had it three weeks and the whole thing sounds fishy to me.

Has anyone ever heard of this or have any advice? I am going up there today and need some advice!!!!!

BUCHO_LE1
05-27-2010, 08:52 AM
I meant to say the camshaft....... At this point I am so frustrated with the mechanic I can't think straight!!!!

amigo-2k
05-28-2010, 06:39 PM
What year what engine?

Cat Fuzz
05-28-2010, 08:59 PM
It does sound weird. Like he's being lazy and throwing parts at it. Never heard of a camshaft breaking. My guess is, the timing belt broke on initial breakdown and he's trying to cover up that the ion module wasn't actually the problem.

Also, knowing the year and engine would help us help you.

Add your comment to this topic!