Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 Convertible Cluster Issue

Mikezayed
04-05-2010, 04:57 AM
Hey guys. Im getting along with the car now, but its now having another weird issue. The guage cluster is acting up now. While driving the cluster will go dead, ill get a quick NO BUS reading on the odo screen, but then that will go out, then the air bag light and the turn signals indicator lights will dimly light up. Now the car will run fine with no problems so I know its nothing wrong with the computers (I have found alot of posts abt the clusters getting the NO BUS thing on there odo screen but all of those cars die, and mine doesnt) Now, most of the times, ill bang the top of the dash, and boom the cluster comes to life again. until i hit a decent size bump, and the whole cluster will die again (when i say die, i mean the RPM, MPH, Fuel gauge, Temp gauge, odo, and the shift selector will all be out) the only things that work with no problems are the actual gauge lights (dash lights) will work, and the air bag light and the turn signals indicators will dimly light up. And when i hit my turn signals on the indicators flash but so does the air bag light. Now im thinking there is a ground wire that is bad due to the other lights on the dash dimly light up, so its telling me its back feeding through those circuits. If that maybe the case, does anyone know where the ground is?? I dont think its the actual cluster due to the fact that when i bang on it, everything comes back on and nothing other then the actual cluster itself going dead, is wrong. Thanks guys for the help and i def appreciate it since this is more of a annoyance right now then anything else :banghead:

pellul
04-12-2010, 05:55 PM
im having problem with my 2004 sebring cluster as well
my cluster light wont come on for night time driving
ive checked all bulbs and fuses they re ok
all work on start up

anyone know if this is a relay issue or a circuit board issue

driving with no light not fun

HeadlessHorseman1
04-14-2010, 06:21 AM
im having problem with my 2004 sebring cluster as well
my cluster light wont come on for night time driving
ive checked all bulbs and fuses they re ok
all work on start up

anyone know if this is a relay issue or a circuit board issue

driving with no light not fun

I read elsewhere that there are two possible causes to this problem -- 1.) a bad solder joint on the cluster and 2.) a burned-out resistor on the back of the cluster. I have also learned that owning a Sebring can be a love-hate relationship -- love the car, but hate Chrysler for poor design and support.

Get a good firm grip on your jock, wear a steel cup, and enjoy the days your Sebring is running right... or so I have been told. I just bought a '98 JXI with 133,000 miles and no outstandind recalls. No cluster issues... we shall see.

Add your comment to this topic!