Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Viper

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

mcervantes
07-24-2001, 12:53 AM
2003 Dodge Viper

Detroit serves up a new lucky number. 500.

The 2001 North American International Auto Show in Detroit played host to more than a few performance vehicles (Nissan’s Z Concept, BMW’s M3 Convertible, and Mazda’s RX-8 come to mind), but perhaps most surprising was the new “500/500/500” Viper from Dodge and the beleaguered American arm of DaimlerChrysler.

But let’s take a trip back shall we? Back to when Chrysler was still struggling, but was on the verge of a styling breakthrough that would carry them through the 90s. The year was 1989, the setting was again the Detroit Auto Show. In front of the usual room filled with auto “journalists,” Chrysler’s Advanced Styling Studio rolled out the stunning Dodge Viper RT/10 concept.

The reaction to this serpent on steroids was positive to say the least. According to Chrysler, Dodge received potential orders for the car before the show ended. What would become of the RT/10 is what many in this country consider to be America’s only true supercar.

More than a decade later, Chrysler is in trouble again. This time thanks in large to their German handlers. Despite the financial constraints, DC was still able to pump up America’s favorite snake for it’s first major redesign since the 1989 debut. The decision to show the new Viper at NAIAS may have been a move to build confidence in Chrysler because this vehicle is still more than a year away from hitting the streets. Therefore, many technical details have not been released, probably because they aren’t set in stone yet.

What we do know is that the 2003 Viper will come with an 8.3L (in other words, 505 inches of cubic displacement) V10 with a more-than welcome 500 bhp and 500 lbs-ft of torque. The chassis has been reworked for improved handling dynamics. The wheelbase has been stretched 2.6 inches while the overall car is close to a half-inch shorter. The overall curb weight for the new Viper is expected to be around 67 lbs. less than the current RT/10 roadster.

Exterior design is always an issue of discussion., and there’s no exception here. While the looks are familiarly Viper, they also bring to mind a certain Chevrolet sports car. Overall, it’s a crisp, clean design. But looks are subjective, so we’ll let you decide. Interior design is also a practice of evolution. Dodge seems to have fixed some things than needed to be fixed, but still remains true to it’s “Viperness.” It’s a nice design, but nothing really stands out.

This latest Viper appears more than able to hold onto it’s perch atop the American sports car arena, but does it have the qualities to compete in the world market? To tell you the truth, that really doesn’t matter to us because this car looks to be one hell of a ride.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/viper/viper1.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/viper/viper2.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/viper/viper3.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/viper/viper4.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/viper/viper5.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/viper/viper6.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/viper/viper7.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/viper/viper8.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/viper/viper9.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/viper/viper91.jpg
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/viper/viper92.jpg

Article Copyright 2001 Mike Cervantes.
Photos Copyright Daimler Chrysler.

austin powers
07-27-2001, 09:18 AM
Now that's what i call an awesome Viper. I wouldn't mind getting my body in one of those Vipers. It would be my dream come true if i drive one of them all over town. The heck with riding it around town i might ride it all over the United States, or maybe the whole western hemisphere that has land.

Racer 20
07-27-2001, 08:48 PM
I'm glad. This will make roadsters more popular. The GTS is awesome, so is the GTS-R Concept Car but the RT/10 was always the favored one in my family. ;) Most people nowadays think of the roadster as a small perfectly balanced Mazda Miata or a torquey BMW M roadster or Z3. But Chryster proves that the American muscule/exotic can also be an increadible roadster that has extreame preformance.

superposition
07-28-2001, 10:45 PM
*shrugs* the front part looks like a Honda S2000 to me. :bloated:

Jay!
07-29-2001, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by superposition
*shrugs* the front part looks like a Honda S2000 to me. :bloated:

That makes three times someone's said they think the Viper looks like the S2000. (And not vice-versa) Hmmm...

Lizard King
07-29-2001, 05:22 AM
I can see why people would think it looks like an S2000, but really it is the same front that has been 'chisled' down. It is no longer volumptuous looking, they've made it edgier.

BurninRich
07-31-2001, 10:45 AM
..............I dont get it. I mean dodge had it going on with the original viper. OH!! her sweet body lines!!!!!! Now dodge makes the bad choice of making it all boxy!¿!?! Why dont they just take off that dumb old bar on the RT/10 nad make it a real convertable!!! Sorry but they could also stand to put the cool side scoop things that are behind the front tires back on the Viper too. Cause the ones they put on this new one are so small. I cant belive I'm doggin a Viper!!! :confused: And did they put in of those hidden roll-bar things that activat when the car starts to flip?? :confused: But heck I'ed sure as H@#L drive one. But i mean Dodge has got alotta technology at their hand being part of Daimler-Chrysler whos partnered with Benz. Look at all the possiblities!!! Well thats all i can think of......get pissed at me if you wanna but thats what i gotta say.

Psman32@af
08-01-2001, 01:38 PM
I havent seen this mettioned anywhere else, but the dodge exec that is ahead of the new viper ( i have autoweeks write up) and he called the 500 hp conservative, he said its gonna be at least 525.

carz
08-05-2001, 06:20 AM
letts steal the pics

KooLLaiD
08-06-2001, 09:29 PM
That is one hella ugly damn car!!!!!:apuke:

Prelude1897
08-15-2001, 06:58 PM
That bitch is bad. I'd drive the hell out of it and get hella pussy. Girls would just cream in their pants after seeing one of those:D

Viper 10
08-18-2001, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by KooLLaiD
That is one hella ugly damn car!!!!!:apuke:

Klueless:

That's just too funny... a guy in a VW Passat calling a Viper ugly.:rolleyes: Why don't you put a picture of your car up here and compare? The Germans do EVERYTHING better, right? Yeah right, the Germans completely F_cked up a healthy growing company like Chrysler to pay off their crippling debt.

Now the S Class looks like a freaking Intrepid. For someone that hates ricers, your argument sounds awfully similar (if I can't have it, then it sucks and is ugly...). Why don't you go down the HP/liter path next?

Get a life.

Lizard King
08-18-2001, 06:06 AM
Well said, bubba. :)

68vette
10-03-2001, 07:17 AM
I think the Viper engineers should get the hell out of the wind tunnell. Its a good think Larry Shinoda passed away so he didnt have to see such an ugly car. The 2003 Viper in general looks like a cheap knock off of the Camaro. The bubbly front looks like a Dodge Dakota and the rear just ends like the new Vette. From the side the car looks like an ironing board and from the top it looks like a tug boat. It has absolutely no nice lines. The Viper was a beutiful car, they really screwed up a good thing. I've seen Miata's that look nicer than the new Viper. We can only pray that Dodge realizes this before 2003.
-Pat

Fried Rice
10-05-2001, 04:24 PM
omg RIPPED apart!

=)

My friend (my 17 yr old friend) thinks hes getting a Viper.
Those things are damn purty.
Quick too.
Prolly not as quick as the 02 vette... ;)

adambeckbell
10-10-2001, 08:15 PM
and its still frikin BAD! :sun:

atc_rider
10-18-2001, 03:12 PM
that is an awsome looking car :flash: :flash:

Viper 10
10-18-2001, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by 68vette
I think the Viper engineers should get the hell out of the wind tunnell. Its a good think Larry Shinoda passed away so he didnt have to see such an ugly car. The 2003 Viper in general looks like a cheap knock off of the Camaro. The bubbly front looks like a Dodge Dakota and the rear just ends like the new Vette. From the side the car looks like an ironing board and from the top it looks like a tug boat. It has absolutely no nice lines. The Viper was a beutiful car, they really screwed up a good thing. I've seen Miata's that look nicer than the new Viper. We can only pray that Dodge realizes this before 2003.
-Pat

Larry Shinoda was a good designer, but he had his share of uglies too. My good friend was in charge of getting Larry's place in the Ford, GM and Japanese-American Museums. Larry did a stint over at White Freightliner too. I like Shinoda's styling, but he wasn't perfect by any means. Having met Larry, I think that he would have liked the new Viper, and he would have found ways to clean up the lines to make them more distinct.

The convertible will be coming out next summer, so you probably won't see many changes. The big question is whether or not DC will be producing the GTS Coupe version of the Gen 3. As it stands right now, they are not going to do it. The closest thing that you will see to one is the Competition Coupe, which is strictly a track car. There will only be 25 made and they are not a replacement for the GTS-R's that dominated Le Mans, Daytona and Sebring. Oreca has been dropped by DC as its factory race team (which also means that the LMP program is up in the air too).

Before you get on the wagon comparing the looks of a Viper to a Miata, take a look at this car as an evolutionary change( and not the revolutionary change that the original RT and GTS's were). The purpose of this body style was to get the production car over 200 mph (out of the showroom) and an affordable price. It's hard for any factory to develop tasteful looking evolutionary cars. I personally don't care for the Gen 3 convertible at all, and the GTS is more palatable. I think that the guys a DC 'feminized" the Viper.

JMO.

Brad

F20C
11-09-2001, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by jay@af

That makes three times someone's said they think the Viper looks like the S2000. (And not vice-versa) Hmmm...

Make it 4 man!! New Viper rear end looks much nicer to the eye than previous generation for me. Overall I give it a 10/10 for the re-design.

F20C
11-09-2001, 10:32 PM
I can just imagine how hard it is to keep this monster under control. Where can you use the 500+hp.

Viper 10
11-10-2001, 12:50 AM
Let's put it this way, the torque makes the Viper a real handful even at the track (as in road racing circuits). From what I understand, it can hurt you at the drag races (even though I have never ventured on to a 1/4 mile track). In reality, the torque sharply reduces your margin for error.

Once you get used to it (and learn to respect it), it is a real rush. You just have to do your thinking with your big brain (and not the little one below your waste).

Have a great Veteran's Day weekend.

Brad

viperluvr2002
11-14-2001, 03:22 PM
Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my mouth:eek2:
Thats got to be one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen!!!!:angel:

Viper 10
11-14-2001, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by viperluvr2002
Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my mouth:eek2:
Thats got to be one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen!!!!:angel:

Thanks for the nice words. I'm sure that you can put a Viper on your target screen if you got a college degree and worked your tail off. It fun to own a car like this, but even more fun when you don't owe any money on it. I also have a very understanding wife who lets me follow my passions (which also means that she lets my Corvette keep my GTS company in the garage). My kids really love these cars too.

Be safe.

Brad

F20C
11-14-2001, 05:52 PM
How is the maintenance for Viper?

Viper 10
11-14-2001, 06:06 PM
Oil changes every 3,000 miles using synthetic oils, fluids twice a year. Everything else is covered under extended warranty. From my experience they are pretty reliable cars.

Brad

F20C
11-14-2001, 06:17 PM
That doesn't sound too bad compare to the horror story from Ferrari owners.

CRX 23
11-20-2001, 12:13 PM
:flipa: This isnt one of the better looking vipers. although a great car it looks to much like an NSX or avanger. id still drive it but not happy with its looks

Rich
11-27-2001, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Prelude1897
That bitch is bad. I'd drive the hell out of it and get hella pussy. Girls would just cream in their pants after seeing one of those:D

:eek: LOL!! :lol2: :lol2: :hehe:

Viper 10
11-27-2001, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by F20C
That doesn't sound too bad compare to the horror story from Ferrari owners.

You mean this kind of horror? This is what can happen if you have a car that exceeds a drivers abilities...

Brad

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1545079&a=13495668&p=51760842&Sequence=0
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1545079&a=13495668&p=51760831&Sequence=0
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1545079&a=13495668&p=51760840&Sequence=0
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1545079&a=13495668&p=51760843&Sequence=0

Skyline GT-R
11-27-2001, 08:21 PM
NOOOO! not a ferrari!:crying:

F20C
11-27-2001, 08:47 PM
I seen those pics as well.

Viper 10
11-27-2001, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by F20C
I seen those pics as well.

They were taken last summer at Willow Springs Raceway. The weekend before two Vipers were totalled on the same back straight.

Brad

F20C
11-28-2001, 02:58 AM
Was the Viper yellow?

Viper 10
11-28-2001, 03:03 AM
I think that they were both blue. I was not at the track that weekend, but it was a VCA event that it happened at. They took the wrong line up through turn 6 and hit the back wall (after plowing the back 40).

Brad

F20C
11-28-2001, 11:25 PM
What are the clubs for Viper owners?

Viper 10
11-29-2001, 12:51 AM
The only club that I know of is the Viper Club of America. Their web site is http://www.viperclub.org.

I don't hang out with these people. Not my style. I like the people who don't take themselves too seriously.

Brad

CHRIS200T
11-29-2001, 08:09 AM
I heard Vipers have alot the the same suspention components as the Dodge Dikota pick up truck!! Is this true??? thats what I have heard form someone forgot where Just curious.

PS: 6 extra cylenders!! For what??? Its good to know my 4 cylender makes more HP then a viper and gets on avarange 24/29 city/freeway gas milage.:rolleyes:

Polygon
11-29-2001, 09:23 AM
Well you modded the hell out of your car. And you have more HP than a stock RT-10, go against the GTS, GT2, Vennom 805, or the GTS-R.

The Viper has more potential than your car does.
As for the suspension. Where did you hear that?

CHRIS200T
11-29-2001, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Polygon
Well you modded the hell out of your car. And you have more HP than a stock RT-10, go against the GTS, GT2, Vennom 805, or the GTS-R.

The Viper has more potential than your car does.
As for the suspension. Where did you hear that?

Well it better have more potential with 6 more cylenders. Thats a lame uncompairable statement. I talked to some guy on the phone one evening for about 3 hours who works for quite a few large magazines such as road & track and Car & Driver etc. He does freelance work so he claims. We got to talking about how thay where doing this big Supercar compairison test drive for the magazine and he invited me to come drive the cars. But of course it was on a weekday and I had to work. So we got to talking and he mentioned about the Viper and what a peace of shit it was and how the suspention was shaired in some way by the dekota and the engine was form some 70's technology car with 2 cylenders graphed on. Some wild claims.

Polygon
11-29-2001, 10:51 AM
Well, I meant that as in if you mod the Viper as much as you have modded your car it would probably not be street legal.

As for the suspension, that is strange. I will admit that the Viper's handling isn't the best but I doubt that it could do 1.03 Gs on the Dakota suspension.

Interesting to say the least.

Viper 10
11-29-2001, 12:04 PM
Chris:

What are you smoking? The comments that you state are totally off of the wall.

First of all, the pushrod V-10 that is in the Viper is based on the legendary 360 V-8. The intake and conversion from cast iron to aluminum was facilitated by Dodge and Lamborghini (which Chrysler owned at the time). Did your bright freelance writer mention anything about the hemi head construction on the Viper powerplant? Look at Chrysler's track record in racing. There is not a single factory (including Porsche and Ferrari) that can match Chrysler's dominance in racing (ala NASCAR, NHRA and more recently Le Mans and ALMS). The Dodge Superbirds were going over 230 mph in the 1960's.

You seem to be under the ricer dillusions that the technologies like W engines, VTEC, hybrids are all new. Get a life! The W engines and VTEC were developed in the 1930's! Hybrids have also been around since the 1930's. Audi had racers running over 230 mph in the 1930's. Stop believing all of the crap that is printed in those stupid car rags and do some real homework. They are nothing but propoganda and high paid advertising.

As for your comments about taking a six banger engine and making it put out more than a Viper (GTS-R or Venom), you are absolutely right. If you have enough money, you can do this to any engine or car (if you want it to perform better than a Viper). The problem is that it will not be street legal (as Polygon said), and it will be unreliable as hell. It will never produce comparable torque numbers because it lacks cubic inches. You also forget to mention that you will have to spool up your engine to 4,500 rpmm to even touch the torque and power curve. On a Viper you get 490+ lb-ft of torque from idle (450 rpm) to 5,400 rpm.

Since when does a Dakota truck have a coil-over Koni suspension? Since when did they have a double A-arm layout that had a lower A-arm that was comparable in size to a NASCAR race car (2 1/2 inches wide by 1 1/2 inches tall at the base)? What in the hell are you talking about? Why don't you mention that the Viper shares things like:
- the mirrors with the Stealth
- the emergency brake from a Caravan
- the gas cap from a minivan
- the turn signal from a ...
- the license plate frame from a Yugo?

What's your point? What are you trying to say (or are you just here to make insinuations about Chrysler's engineering or quality)? Are you insinuating that a Dakota handles as well as a Viper or vice versa? As Polygon said, since when can a Dakota pull 1.03 G's on a skidpad? You know the answer.

In the end, you can make any piece of sh*t put out more power or even go faster than a stock Viper (BFD). The bottom line is that it will probably cost you more than a Viper to make, and that in the end it will still be a piece of sh*t. Quit trying to demonstrate your ignorance in places like this and do your homework. You are way too predictable in your ricer argument. I am truly surprised that you didn't mention anything about HP/liter or cubic inch? If you made these statements at the Viper BB or the Mopar web sites, they would rip you a new sphincter.

Get a life! Go back to the toilet and do some more arm chair quarterbacking. If you read enough, maybe one of those rags will give you a job spewing their pabulum.

CHRIS200T
11-29-2001, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Viper 10
Chris:

Thay where not my coments 1st of all. Thay where thing I heard of so I thought I would ask and you get all defencive. WTF???? All I was trying to imply was that what someone told me was so far out I wanted to conferm his bullshit talk. I see the guy from time to time and want to tell him he is full of shit to his face . Personaly I don't like the guy after meeting him for the 1st time.

Viper 10
11-29-2001, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by CHRIS200T

Thay where not my coments 1st of all. Thay where thing I heard of so I thought I would ask and you get all defencive. WTF???? All I was trying to imply was that what someone told me was so far out I wanted to conferm his bullshit talk. I see the guy from time to time and want to tell him he is full of shit to his face . Personaly I don't like the guy after meeting him for the 1st time.

Chris:

There isn't much constructive discussion that could come out of raising garbage like that. If you post opinions that aren't yours, then say so. The assumption is that if you post it (and don't say anything like what do you think? or something else), then why shouldn't I believe that it is also your opinion? The stuff that you heard is total garbage and it is a debate that is not based on facts or intelligent and rational thought.

What if I said that I heard from someone say that your car was once a beer can, what would you say? The only thing that I will apologize for is the gravity of my reply. Think about your post before you throw it on a BB, or stand back and wait to get get replies like mine.

By the way, your friend is full of poop.

Brad

Polygon
11-29-2001, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Viper 10
Chris:

First of all, the pushrod V-10 that is in the Viper is based on the legendary 360 V-8. The intake and conversion from cast iron to aluminum was facilitated by Dodge and Lamborghini (which Chrysler owned at the time). Did your bright freelance writer mention anything about the hemi head construction on the Viper powerplant? Look at Chrysler's track record in racing. There is not a single factory (including Porsche and Ferrari) that can match Chrysler's dominance in racing (ala NASCAR, NHRA and more recently Le Mans and ALMS). The Dodge Superbirds were going over 230 mph in the 1960's.

You seem to be under the ricer dillusions that the technologies like W engines, VTEC, hybrids are all new. Get a life! The W engines and VTEC were developed in the 1930's! Hybrids have also been around since the 1930's. Audi had racers running over 230 mph in the 1930's. Stop believing all of the crap that is printed in those stupid car rags and do some real homework. They are nothing but propoganda and high paid advertising.

Ah, yes. This was what I was thinking it just didn't want to come out. :)

Hell Viper
12-04-2001, 09:00 AM
Dodge Vipers are cool.

Fried Rice
12-04-2001, 07:24 PM
Vipers kick ass.
Old school mustangs r0xed, but the new ones I dont like at all, except maybe the GTS.
Viper10 is a very smart person.
As I recall, the Viper was based on the old-school kickass Shelby Cobra, as is quite obvious if you look at the blue/white GTS Coupe =)

The Viper is, pound for pound, the greatest street-legal production car ever made. As some guy on speedvision stated recently, the Viper is all muscle and no stipulations. It just goes.
And goes it does, quite fast.

Does anyone have a Dyno from any Viper?
Im surious to see the curve as V10 mentioned its torque thru the range.
Normally you dont see even a remotely constant torque...

Also, as you, Viper10, seem to know what you are talking about, I was wondering if you had and info on the wherabouts of:
- A mark2 MR2 (I dislike the Mark 3 for some reason)
or
- A 3-series Toyota engine from a supra
or
- Some other 2.5l - 3.5l engine (either 4 or 6) that will fit where there used to be a 1.6l 4A-GE Inline4 :D

And finally...
A blower that can be squeezed in there.

Also, I have a question about body work...
If I end up putting a blower in my corolla, I wanted to make a small unidirectional cut in the side of the engine bay and bend it ever so slightly inwards to create a flowpath for the blower.
Is this: a) Legal - b) Sane

(Yes, a corolla. I really wanted a GTO, or a camaro, or any decent american car, but since I only had $1300 to spend, and Im no mechanic...)

Viper 10
12-05-2001, 01:22 PM
Rice:

You are partially correct on your assessment of where the Viper's roots are from. Carroll Shelby had technical input into the development of the original RT/10. The influence for the GTS Coupe was from two cars, the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe and the Ferrari GTO. Peter Brock, who ran the Cobra Le Mans racing campaign during the '60s, was a direct contributor to the development of the GTS.

The dyno's on Vipers show very even (and parallel) torque curves. RWHP driveline loss is 10% (compared to most other cars that lose 20% or more). My stock GTS is putting down 417 RWHP (stock flywheel HP is 450-460 HP).

I cannot tell you where to pick up the powerplant that you are looking for. I would like to know why you would want to do this swap? I think that you might reconsider this mod, because you might find that the change in weight and HP might exceed the Toyota's chassis and suspension parameters. The result would be a dangerous car that can't handle or stop, or is undriveable. Added HP will do nothing but reduce your margin for error.

Save your money and enroll in a good high performance driving school. Good driving techniques can make up for tons of performance mods any day of the week. I have attended more than 20 driving schools (mostly weekend events).

Good luck and be safe.

Brad

Fried Rice
12-05-2001, 01:44 PM
Well, obviously the weight would be a consideration.
I would replace the suspension with a newer one.
As for the chassis, that really wouldnt be a problem unless I tried to throw a really big engine in. As for a V6, I dont beleive the weight difference would approach the dangerous level.

Anyways... as I said, Id rather just find a vette or a GTO in decent shape, becuase in order to get a corolla up to the level of performance that I could get out of a stock '85 vette would take enormous amounts of money anyway, and it would simply make more sense otget a whole new vehicle.

The KBB value for my car is $2500, which is pretty damned good condidering its a 12yr old car. (The engine is in unusually excellent shape for a 4banger)
As I mentioned, I payed $1400 for the car (but it included a really nice alpine stereo thats worth $200, and I figure it adds $100 to the RS) and its now worth $2500. Quite a find...

Anyways... I also would just like to mention something quick: My name.
Its becuase when I was young and stupid, I always thought that loud, flashy cars with uber-tinted windows, 500 inch wheels and spoilers that knock down birds were the greatest cars.
Then I grew up and realized that I was an idiot.
Hence... Fried Rice.

*edit*
I just realized what it sez under yer name.
Your vette...
I have questions :D

Where are you?
(excuse my illogic for a moment... is M. Beach in Manhatten? or anywhere in NY?)
What condition is the body/engine in (if not the same)?
Miles?
Are you willing to sell? If so, how much?

Shelby VNT
12-06-2001, 12:34 AM
Vipers rule. And what the heck is with all the trash talk? A Vette faster then a Viper? Fat chance. Stock Vipers are still faster then alot of the tuned Vettes.

As for the Ferrari....ouch, but I've got an awesome set of tools! I can fix it, really I can! :D

Viper 10
12-08-2001, 01:10 PM
Fried:

I live inManhattan Beach, CA (Southern Cal). The C4 is an '85 and is not for sale. It's got 156,000 miles of enjoyment. It was built up with some bolt-ons and taken back down to almost stock.

I still think that you should save your money and use it for driving school. I think that an engine upgrade like you are thinking of is a waste and could create handling and stopping issues. JMO.

I plan to give the Viper and the Vette to my kids.

Take care and be safe.

Brad

Koojo
12-24-2001, 11:22 AM
who ever doesnt like this car should be shot! SHOT! look at it, its a beauty. Id give my car x10 to drive that beast. Pull up to a little pimped out honda, rev the engine and watch their face. haha jk. but still, who wouldnt love this car?! damn

ImportFreak
12-30-2001, 07:48 PM
i dont like it.. so what now ur gonna shoot me?:finger: (j/k)

it looks cool.. not my favorite car but it looks cool.. saw it at the International Auto Show in Miami.. i mean i wouldnt mind owning it.. but id rather have a lambo or a ferrrari or porsche or SKYLINE.. but thats just me:D

-Joel-
01-05-2002, 09:07 PM
I see the Viper as a True Muscle Car..
The sound, the cubes.. Nothing comes near it.. In time it will definately be a classic.

I see a farrari driving on the road.. Look yer looks nice..

See a Viper on the road.. can't stop looking.

JBL85
01-08-2002, 07:22 PM
well they say there is no replacment for displacment, but 8.3 liters is a waste of gas, isnt a z06 just as fast with 5.7 litters, I think dodge over did it, I mean how hard could it be to engineer less displacment and get the same horsepower

Now I am not dumb and gonna say honda does 1 liter = 120hp, thats cuz their fkn cars way 2000lbs and need 0 torque, but i mean the m3 used engineering and squeezes plenty of juice......just wondering, anyone have any ideas why?

Polygon
01-08-2002, 08:00 PM
JBL they can squeeze a lot more than you think out of the V10. All the Vipers use the same exact engine block and there are ones that produce over 750HP.

JBL85
01-08-2002, 11:07 PM
Thats better :D

But still, the Mustang GT at leasts gets some juice,

260HP 305Torque

Japanese 4.7L

245HP 315Torque

thats a little better then the viper (hp/L)

Polygon
01-08-2002, 11:52 PM
Well, I guess that depends on the Viper.

JBL85
01-09-2002, 12:50 AM
if I had a Viper I would not complain, dont get me wrong =)

easyduzit4
01-09-2002, 01:55 PM
That thing definately "borrowed" some styling from the Mustang and Vette.

Polygon
01-09-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by easyduzit4
That thing definately "borrowed" some styling from the Mustang and Vette.

Ya, rigggghhhhht. :rolleyes:

Add your comment to this topic!