Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 06:33 PM   #1
2.4 Turbo Hyped-1
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to 2.4 Turbo Hyped-1
The true story behind HYPED-1 from purehonda.com

Hey gang long time no see. I did a search on the web for hyped-1 and came across all of you guys posting about me on this site so I thought Id drop in and set the record straight.
I sold the supercharged 98 civic dx coupe "rice rocket" "stripper mobile" in December of 2001. The kid I sold it to was absolutely in love with the car but wasnt up to the task of taking care of it. Three days after he bought it he fried the electrical system on it and tried to blame it on me. Come to find out he tried to rewire the stereo for god only knows what reason and did the damage himself. I sold the car for 10 grand (he still owes me 600 bucks to this day). I was glad to get rid of it because it was beginning to attract police attention as well as thieves eyes. The pictures you see of it on the internet in "this kids" driveway are not pictures I took of it. I have no idea where the car is today. I think he sold it to someone on ebay.
I now own a plymouth laser awd turbo that I built a custom 2.4 liter frankenstein motor for that is a dream to drive. There are pics of the buildup on my site for all that want to see it http://photos.yahoo.com/turbo_hyped I have gone through 3 transmissions so far due to the torque of the new motor I have built. The motor currently has less than 5000 miles on it and is everything that I wanted in a motor.
As far as bankruptcy, yes I did file back in 2002 due to the enourmous debt I had built up buying useless things and just having fun in general.
I am currently in the local 48 union pursuing a journeymans license as an electrician and things are really starting to look up for me. Everyone I work with really enjoys having me around. This is truly a fresh start and a blessing in disguise.
I hope all of you honda fans are having fun modding. Hondas are fun but very expensive as I learned in the past. My DSM cost me a total of 5 grand with the motor I built and I consider it a blessing also. Transmissions are cheap too. For 500 bucks shipped Ill just keep changing them out and replacing parts as they break.
I am saving up right now to buy an sti or an evo. Once you go awd you never go back to front wheel drive. Its an addiction only enjoyed by a true 12 second daily driven beast with a bov sound that causes painful erections. I hope all of you are doing well and if you have any questions please feel free to message me on yahoo turbo_hyped or email me or post the questions right here. Please keep in mind that I no longer own a honda but will answer your questions to the best of my abilities. Regards, The one the only HYPED-1
2.4 Turbo Hyped-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:17 PM   #2
kicker1_solo
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kicker1_solo Send a message via Yahoo to kicker1_solo
Holy shit, it's Sean, what's up man? Dunno if you remember me but I was always bugging you back in the day. I live like an hour from PDX, are you still around that area? I have a whole shit load of pics of your car, ones that you actually took, not the fag that bought it. I think they're on my other computer though. That's awesome that you're working on becoming a journeyman, I should be there in a few years, but in the carpentry field. Your DSM looks pretty sweet, 12 seconds, that's awesome. Well take care for now, and I'll check back on this post.

Yakima Valley Truck Club Yakima Washington
kicker1_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 09:04 PM   #3
2.4 Turbo Hyped-1
AF Newbie

Re: The true story behind HYPED-1 from purehonda.com

Im still in portland same house. It would be nice to get those pics as my puter took a dump on me and I have been unable to recover the pics. That kid that bought the car from me is an idiot and he still owes me 600 dollars. I want my 600 dollars dammit!! Can you get all 4 tires smoking??? HEHE!!!
Old 06-29-2004, 09:50 PM   #4
kicker1_solo
AF Fanatic

lol, aight, I'll see if I can dig up some of those pics for ya. I know I have some somewhere

Old 06-30-2004, 01:14 AM   #5
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
I got a couple too if I can find them, some interior pics though, I don't think I have any exterior shots. Coo to see you back though, Sean! I joined the original PureHonda I think about a half a year before you left the scene of PH.com and sold the Civic. Everyone always wonders what happened to you, lol!
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
SilverY2KCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 06:40 AM   #6
evil_elmo
AF Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to evil_elmo

wow, i haven't heard your name in years now, god how time goes so fast...anyways i still remember the old PH

JDM
hybrid B18c EK sedan & EG Hatchback SiR
Click here for Pictures
evil_elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 07:51 AM   #7
2.4 Turbo Hyped-1
AF Newbie

Whatever happened to purehonda.com?? Did the funds finally run out?? I know the owner of the site was in a big battle to pay for server space.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:48 PM   #8
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Re: Re: The true story behind HYPED-1 from purehonda.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.4 Turbo Hyped-1
Whatever happened to purehonda.com?? Did the funds finally run out?? I know the owner of the site was in a big battle to pay for server space.
That was part of it. Then DriftTenguku and Jaron95 started it back up briefly, but it wasn't anywehre near the same. They let it go, and someone else revived it where it lives on to this day. www.purehonda.com Drop in, I know a few heads in there will remember you.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
SilverY2KCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:57 PM   #9
kicker1_solo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: The true story behind HYPED-1 from purehonda.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.4 Turbo Hyped-1
Whatever happened to purehonda.com??
Well while the site was down Drift and Jaron made purehonda.org and it was a load of crap. Then some new guy bought purehonda.com and didn't know wtf he was doing, he even made me a mod. He didn't know shit about webdesign or hondas so Silverbolt and I designed most of the site, telling him what we wanted and he did it. Something happened a long time ago and I couldn't log in, still can't to this day, so I basically said forget it, it wasn't that great anyways, just a lot of new people whoring and shit, no tech at all.

Old 06-30-2004, 09:13 PM   #10
2.4 Turbo Hyped-1
AF Newbie

Thats sad. That site was really fun in the day. I remember spending mass time on it doing tech articles and stuff. Now all that archived info is lost forever. Very sad. The new ph.com doesn't look anything like the old one did.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV