Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 04:24 AM   #1
dgdarien
AF Newbie

Question Would this work?

Okay, so I still have this set of Hella electric horns that I have yet to install.
And since i'm no electrician and I don't want to mess with the battery, would it be okay to just take off the original horn and just use one of the 12v Hella horns in it's place?

Would the original horn to a 2000 civic be 12 volts? I don't want to end up frying circuits and what not. Can you guys help me out? thanks!
dgdarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 08:06 AM   #2
GSteg
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to GSteg
i just installed a new horn for my dad's civic about 2-3 weeks ago. if i can remember correctly, it's ok to use the existing wire. the horn should be 12v. if it says OEM somewhere, then it should work. if it doesn't, don't worry, you'll just get a blown fuse if you put it on.

to my experience, when i first put it on, the horn fuse blew. i replaced it and it works. i don't know if it's gonna happen to you. just take out the battery terminal and install the horn. everything should be fine.
Old 05-16-2002, 01:15 PM   #3
CXHatchback
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to CXHatchback Send a message via AIM to CXHatchback
Of course it's 12 volts, the only thing you're gonna have to worry about is when you're wiring it up. Make sure it's not grounded by the bolt that holds it if it's not supposed to, and make sure you know what should be constant, ground or power.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio