Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani > Exterior/BodyKits/Lighting
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 10:43 AM   #1
crook4life07
AF Newbie

Citylites Hood Glow

I purchased my 03' tiburon last week, and i noticed it has two neon lights under the hood, and the wires go to a small black box, then the black box has a small wire comming out that has been cut. Im assuming the previous owner cut it because its illegal. However... I want them working again. Do I just run that wire to the battery? Or is it more complicated?
crook4life07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:10 PM   #2
Rickna
IS-F

Re: Citylites Hood Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by crook4life07
I purchased my 03' tiburon last week, and i noticed it has two neon lights under the hood, and the wires go to a small black box, then the black box has a small wire comming out that has been cut. Im assuming the previous owner cut it because its illegal. However... I want them working again. Do I just run that wire to the battery? Or is it more complicated?
Black wires are usually grounds. Any other wires coming out?
Old 08-27-2006, 09:06 PM   #3
crook4life07
AF Newbie

um its 2 wires connected really... one side black and one side red, but i just ran red to battery and black to ground and still nothing, is there supposed to be a switch or anything? I think i might just take it to autozone or something.
crook4life07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:19 PM   #4
Rickna
IS-F

The black box is the inverter. Are the wires intact going to the neons? Any fuses, or any other wires? It's possible the wies were cut because the neons stopped working.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani > Exterior/BodyKits/Lighting