Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > R35 Nissan GT-R > Engine
Engine All discussions about engine work and tuning go here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 02:50 PM   #16
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: TO BE VQ30DETT, VQ25DET(T), VQ25VET(T) or not that is question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_BNR34
I know they won't put in the RB26DETT but if they did that would be cool... But it's their car so they can do what they wnat to do wiht it...
Are people still dwelling on the RB??? Pffft!

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
1viadrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:12 PM   #17
JDM_ONLY
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to JDM_ONLY Send a message via Yahoo to JDM_ONLY
Re: TO BE VQ30DETT, VQ25DET(T), VQ25VET(T) or not that is question?

yeah, I know the technology might be antique~ish to some folks. But there's something about an INLINE 6 that merinates beatifully w/ the turbos (specially Twin Turbo) that will produce stounding hp and tq.
All the top european BMW-MCLeran, Audi-VW had used Inline 6 w/ Twin Turbos for championship titles, so as Japan in JGTC series (gtr-supra). They were the notorious rivals to beat.
I'm guessing on this!, probably the inline engine has better efficiency of inertia/kenetic output by firing the engine in straight sequence instead of separating the pistons degrees from each other while igniting.
ANY PHYSICIST OR MECHANICAL ENGR. out there about this !! give a shout...peace
JDM_ONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:28 PM   #18
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

In JGTC the most recent GTR's and current Z's use a Twin Turbo V6... the current Supra's use a NA V8.

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
Old 06-02-2005, 11:36 PM   #19
JDM_ONLY
AF Newbie

yeah, no doubt vq30dett and the v8 4.0L are the current used engines @ JGTC competition. But it takes alot for it to be tuned efficiently and to smoothly run w/o major problems.
May be the NISSAN and TOYOTA had the 'Auto-world' tunered upside down when they came out with the inline 6 (Yeah, & add the TWIN TURBUZZ too..BBRRRRUNNMM...Ppisszz).
I could see NISSAN produce another GENERATION of the RB series (inline 6) with TWINs on 'em. HEH, Whad da HACK w/ DIESEL too. (0_o)
Old 06-11-2005, 07:37 PM   #20
JDM_ONLY
AF Newbie

I have a feelin' that NISSAN wants to wait for TOYOTA to release there 'street-machine' (next gen. supra). But, I also heard that before releasing the GT-R. Nissan want's to see if the 'TURBO FAD' stays long enough then as a teaser perhaps a 'New GTi-R' (the little-bro. of GT-R) might be introduce here the US. (the LAND of FREE & Equal Opportnity to be JDM but never will)
My guess!!, the production cost or changin' trends could bring a 'NISSAN RED-EMBLEM'. Or like my friends say, the Japanese automakers try not to sell any RED-EMBLEMs because of HIROSHIMA~NAGASAKI, or could wrong.
TRIVIA !! : to all RED-EMBLEM lovers, has there been a JDM spec RED-EMLBEM cars that cross over the US w/o been waterdown?. GOOD LUCK answering.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:57 AM   #21
JDM_ONLY
AF Newbie

I wonder if the Vq30de(t) series could ever hit beyond 8000 rpm w/o encountering major problems??
Old 06-14-2005, 02:49 PM   #22
Skyline_BNR34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_ONLY
to BNR34 and to all who think like BNR34: here's car phylosophy 101. MANY OTHER PEOPLE LIKE u's will say it's just a car !! that's ford & GM right now, they are losing there spine which obviously economic results shows. (Ask ur Popz about ford & GM @ there halcyon days!!..)
I Tell u's WHY is not just a car, that picture u logo'in BNR (obviously in denial) made possible to even exist as ur r/c car is because 1st WERE and are relentless engineers and pioneers; 2nd massive automobile fans and it's heritage; 3rd its respect from the AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY that rightfully earn a spot in this lifetime by winning many championships. THEREFORE,it became possible for u to have a fanticized version R/C car to come true.
I think is better if u wrote next time in the post
"It's just an R/C I'm sport'n".
peace out,
If you were smart you could see I said My Beauitiful XMOD and it also was on a table so if you STUPID people thought it was real then holy shit you are stupid...

Its a car to me because I could never own one and I respect that they are greatly appreiciated cars and not some car to just drive and try to make it Dubbed out and stuff... I like Skylines and they are one highly appreieciated cars for people who know what they are capable of doing and to me you think I know nothing of the Skyline at all and you probaly think I only like it because of FATF (Which got me more likeing it) and I don't know of the R33, R32, R31, and the older ones that look like this...
I think these ones look cool and other stuff... And I know shit abour them so I don't care what you say abo8ut my Xmod R/C car, it isn't real and people should know that by looking at it...
Skyline_BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:21 PM   #23
JDM_ONLY
AF Newbie

DAMM... guys AT NISSAN ARE TIGHT-LID over the r35 release, hum hope is worth the hipe.!!... CAUSE TOYOTA's mk bad boy will come back as potent v10 550ps/1200kg...damm
Old 11-24-2005, 10:37 PM   #24
fierangero
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to fierangero Send a message via MSN to fierangero Send a message via Yahoo to fierangero

eh RB26DETT is nice, but pretty sure VQ30/32/35DETT would whoop it, the new usdm vq35s come higher rated that the TT rb26. of course yall already knew that ^_^

my baby: 1986 Fiero GT: v6, automatic, 2.8L, 2.02/1.60 heads, Crane Performance Cam, Ported/polished exhaust manifolds, taylor plug wires, low temp thermostat and fan switch. WCF catback exhaust

She's done!
fierangero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 06:42 PM   #25
JDM_ONLY
AF Newbie

Probably by now must of you "RED-EMBLEM" fan(s) has caught a climbs of the r35(r36?). Though, cannot agree w/ Lotus engineers body design on the New GT-R, but sure hell like that VQ36DETT+ATTEST+ETS+4wd(gen2 transfercase).
http://www.automotivearticles.com/12...rototype.shtml
Old 11-28-2005, 06:47 PM   #26
JDM_ONLY
AF Newbie

Old 11-28-2005, 07:18 PM   #27
dimefury
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQuick
It would be kinda cool to see a semi-retro design with cues from older GT-Rs like the KPGC10 in your sig. Maybe the Datsun brand could be revived, and feature throwback designs with other cars like a new 510.
.....a new 510.....oh....ummm....oh...oh....yea....damn you just made me ruin a perfectly good pair of undershorts, now i have to go change.

i would love for nissan to release a new 4cyl, 2000 lb., RWD, sedan (a new 510).....but it isn't very likely.

as for the new skyline.....i don't care what engine they put in it as long as it continues in its quest to be the greatest sportscar ever. as long as it is faster, stronger and sexier than its ancestors, i will be happy. (and lust for one) if nissan disappoints, and brings some weak BS, i will be very angry at nissan north america. (so what else is new...huh?)

RB-motor....... R.I.P. so sad to see you go.

72 Datsun 510
built L20b race engine
dual Dell'orto DHLA 40's
dimefury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:41 PM   #28
JDM_ONLY
AF Newbie

yep... the "RED-EMBLEM" is ALIVE!!; r35 (r36? for INFINITI?).Though, I got to disagree on the fornt fascia and head light (DAMM... LOTUS designer(s)) but rear is passable. Hhuumm, as always GT-R earned its reputation underneath the hood...yeah! baby(0_o). VQ36DETT+ATTES+ETS+4WD+(Gen.2 transfercase)+ heee "sport mode" (a feature that keeps the IHI turbos constantly spool for minimal turbo lag... BAM!.BBBRRRRUUUOOHHh....PPpzzzzz!. 3.9sec @ 0-60 mph(stock). {for any honda/toyota fan that is reading this....(*_*) my dearest apologies..hee}
Old 11-29-2005, 10:00 PM   #29
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

^ Wtf? ^

Old 02-02-2006, 11:37 PM   #30
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af

The next engine will most likely be a 3.6 liter VQ twin turbo. It will have seven gears.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > R35 Nissan GT-R > Engine