Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 02:08 AM   #1
MAXMIX
AF Newbie

Question 94 Alt Auto w 87k Woul'd You bother to upgrade Automatic Car

I have 94 Altima w/newer engine 87.000km on it, old one waz overheated (cracked plastic rad) So I started with 1000 expense on the spot.Since I've put a newer engine and rad I decided to keep it and forget about my whole bad experience. I am from Europe and I hate Auto (love stick)but invested 2much money 2 sell it for nothing know. Interior is like new exterior is OK. Wife doesn't like it (bitching about gas millage) She had Paseo before stick
I like it for tork . Do you thing is worth it to make upgreats to be sportier since is a boring auto/tr ? Eny opinions in general about sporty versus - Automatic? First seconds ssack but when it rolls a bit it's not bad. 1000 US On Auto Altima where is it going best?
I do oil every 4000 max 5000km and usually filter with 4 I go every second it is every 3000mile prox. I like NGK Sp Pl but eny sugestions? Oil kind of liked blend (variable size of molecules) but w this millage 50.000miles I'll probably go for AMS Oil syn filter and K&N Cone Air filter.
Sorry for my english and I'll apreciate eny help hints sugestions and list of available aftermarket Altima parts.................... MAXMIX
MAXMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:14 PM   #2
sleeperalty
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to sleeperalty Send a message via MSN to sleeperalty
my altima is an auto, and i think its great. I would also prefer a 5spd. I dont know what kinda competitions you prefer (drag, autoX, road course, etc...) but depending on what you want to do, will depend on what mods you put on an automatic altima. My Auto is suppose to run 17.2 stock in the 1/4 mile. I have gotten it down to 15.6 with only a few mods. I have estimated with my current mods, and the VB upgrade im about to get, i should be in the mid to low 14s, and may even break into the 13s if i get everything tuned perfectly. Plus, if you put a turbo kit on there, you can easily hit 13s with a stock motor and AT trans
sleeperalty is offline   Reply With Quote