Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > R35 Nissan GT-R > Engine
Engine All discussions about engine work and tuning go here.
View Poll Results: Should the Next Skyline GT-R be hybrid?
Yes 1 33.33%
No 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 05:53 AM   #1
fairladyz_gt-r
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to fairladyz_gt-r Send a message via Yahoo to fairladyz_gt-r
Hybrid Skyline GT-R?

I just remeber after reading the artical from 7tune. they mention and E-four drive system. I live in Thailand where we get "new" JDM cars, and my family happen to have a car with E-four. This is a hybrid car. it got 2 electronic motor match to a 2.4litre engine i believe from the camary. I tell you...when u over take and all 3 motor run at the same time....even BMWs can't out run this thing. so I think it will actually be a good idea for Nissan do give the next generation Skyline GT-R a "sport orianted" Hybrid system. what u guys think?

fairladyz_gt-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 02:53 PM   #2
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Re: Hybrid Skyline GT-R?

I'm a sceptic on this...

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
1viadrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:59 PM   #3
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

The e4wd is a hybrid system, but differs from what you're talking about. It uses electric motors to move the non drive wheels, providing extra traction.

In the case of the fwd March, Cube and Tiida, e4wd powers the rear wheels. In the case of the GT-R, it should be the front wheels.

Most other hybrid systems use electric motors to supplement engine power for acceleration, simulating a bigger engine. For example, take the upcoming Lexus RX400h. It uses hybrid technology to supplement its 3.3L V6, so that it will have V8-like performance with the fuel economy of a V6.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:30 PM   #4
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Hmmm.

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
1viadrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:42 PM   #5
JDM_ONLY
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to JDM_ONLY Send a message via Yahoo to JDM_ONLY

Hybrid skyline GT-R !! possible if the barrels are costing US $90+/barrel. Also, hybrid parts (fuel cell or electric motors) are very expense as it is; plus mechanical maintenance is not easy as unbolting, replace the worken part, and bolt it back.
Thus, I could see THE JDM auto-industry placing a bunch of engine management system (non-hybrid) for fuel econoy on their sport- cars. Examples, cylinder ignition control, then reusing exhaust or combusted fuel (although quite similar like a turbo instead A+F charge, there's a heat transfer charge to the induction), next a concave cylinderhead retainers (varing for more hp or tq) depend on the need of acceleration. Finally, 100 octane for a clean burn.
I'll tell u's some'm good for Hybrid!!..not a fast "sport-car"; hybrid does not equate to better efficiency. F=M*A
JDM_ONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 12:33 PM   #6
Skyline_BNR34

Hate the idea of having to electric motors because one: it isn't the true Skyline Drivtrain two: you still needs gas and electric three: would be really hard to work on four: It is just a dumb Idea to me...
Skyline_BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 06:58 PM   #7
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

And what, pray tell, is the 'true Skyline' drivetrain?

If e4wd were hard to work on, it wouldn't be on several models already. Customers would have decided not to get it on their cars, and Nissan would have phased it out due to lack of interest.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:11 PM   #8
JDM_ONLY
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to JDM_ONLY Send a message via Yahoo to JDM_ONLY

To hybrid belivers: HYBRID IS NOT THE ANSWER, fuel is still been burn Hybrid-Engine Setup. Therefore, we are still polluting our Ozone any ways. F=M*A u's got to under stand that.
Why does HONDA place their J35 series (3.5L 300hp vtec enginge) on the RL/Legend '05 because the car is SOLD as, ADVERTISEDas, AND WANTEDas LUX."SportSedan", "SPORT"=>"FAST"="Acceleration" which lead more fuel comsunption period.
Yeah, It'll be awesome to see the next GEN Skyline GT-R do 60 miles/gallon @ 60 mph, plus a DASHING 16 sec. quater mile... uuuaaahhh thats REAL fast for GT-R.
SO, WHAT's the goal hear!! Ahh, SOME GRASSHOPPERS never learn or unfortunately metamorphosed to caterpillar. ha~!!
JDM_ONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 02:54 PM   #9
Skyline_BNR34

I meant hard to work on is the person owning the eawd system wouldn't be able to work on it because winding a motor (if the motorires inside were fucked up) is very hard to do and it is electric and firefighters are sceptic on electric because it dangers not only the person in the car also the people tring ot save you... It is a good Idea but not on a skyline that has drivshafts for the front wheels... Also the electric motors would weigh the car down even more since eletric motors are pretty heavy depended on whats in them...
Old 06-20-2005, 11:31 AM   #10
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Hybrid Skyline GT-R?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_BNR34
I meant hard to work on is the person owning the eawd system wouldn't be able to work on it because winding a motor (if the motorires inside were fucked up) is very hard to do and it is electric and firefighters are sceptic on electric because it dangers not only the person in the car also the people tring ot save you... It is a good Idea but not on a skyline that has drivshafts for the front wheels...
The e4wd system has been around for a few years already. Nissan designers probably thought of that stuff when they were developing it. If those problems came up and were a real issue, e4wd probably would have been taken off the market and definitely wouldn't be considered for the GT-R.

Quote:
Also the electric motors would weigh the car down even more since eletric motors are pretty heavy depended on whats in them...
Not true. The e4wd system currently in production already weighs less than half as much as the ATTESA-ETS system. By the time the GT-R is released, it could already be lighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_ONLY
To hybrid belivers: HYBRID IS NOT THE ANSWER, fuel is still been burn Hybrid-Engine Setup. Therefore, we are still polluting our Ozone any ways. F=M*A u's got to under stand that.
Why does HONDA place their J35 series (3.5L 300hp vtec enginge) on the RL/Legend '05 because the car is SOLD as, ADVERTISEDas, AND WANTEDas LUX."SportSedan", "SPORT"=>"FAST"="Acceleration" which lead more fuel comsunption period.
Yeah, It'll be awesome to see the next GEN Skyline GT-R do 60 miles/gallon @ 60 mph, plus a DASHING 16 sec. quater mile... uuuaaahhh thats REAL fast for GT-R.
SO, WHAT's the goal hear!! Ahh, SOME GRASSHOPPERS never learn or unfortunately metamorphosed to caterpillar. ha~!!
The goal was a lighter, quicker-reacting, more efficient awd system. Nissan succeeded with e4wd.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:46 PM   #11
Skyline_BNR34

I stuill don't like it... Me hate Hybrids anyway...
Old 04-30-2006, 02:59 AM   #12
paultyler_82
AF Newbie

I don't think e4wd is quite as versatile as ATTESSA... granted it's a good, economy intelligent 4wd system, it's not capable of the monitoring and adjustments that the ATTESSA system is. Considering the price point of the GT-R and the faith of the GT-R crowd in the almighty ATTESSA... I doubt Nissan will drop ATTESSA in favor of e4wd on the GT-R, plus... I don't think the people that have the money to buy this car are very concerned with gas prices... :P
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > R35 Nissan GT-R > Engine