Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Canada
Canada Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, etc...
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2022, 11:25 PM   #1
kamaldeeps22t
AF Newbie

Winter Tires in saskatchewan

Hi All,

we have recently moved to saskatchewan (from AU) and in a weeks time we are getting our new honda pilot (touring), sounds good !!!

But with winters approaching, I am looking to get winters tires (and Rims)

Never really used it in AU, so its our first time

I contacted the honda sales guy, and he has suggested either Uniroyal (Tiger Paw) or Michelin (x-ice snow).

I am more inclined towards the later - Michelin (x-ice snow)

Is that a better option?

Also, he is suggesting to go for 18 inch alloy - the existing all season has 20 inch...

Shall we go for 18inch for winter tires or 20 inch? which is better option.

Please suggest.

Thank you
kamaldeeps22t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 12:12 AM   #2
rpontello
AF Newbie

Welcome to Canada! I reside in the northern part of your western neighbour, Alberta, and have snow tires on three of my vehicles. Going with a smaller rim and larger tire sidewall ptofilr is not a problem. In snowy conditions you are not going to feel a big change in ride quality. The most important aspect of winter tires is traction in cold weather and slippery roads.

For comparison, my Toyota Highlander has 18" regular rims for my all seasonals, and 17" for winters; my Audi Q3 has 19" for summer and 17" for winter.

As for type of tire, the Mivhelins are a good choice - iI have Michelins on the Highlander. I have also found if you go away from the dealership offerings Hankook and Nokian are also good choices. No matter which you by, make sure they have good tread and cold weather performance - Saskatchewan winters can be harsh.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Richard Pontello
rpontello is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Canada