Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 10:07 AM   #1
broke
AF Newbie

96 Blazer/Shaved Door Handles/Interior Lights wont turn off

I am currently shaving the handles off of my Blazer. Took out the front passenger side handle and now the interior lights won't turn off. I assume that there is a sensor or switch that is still thinking the door is open. Can I bypass or disconnect something to allow the lights to function properly?
broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 09:27 AM   #2
Macgyver007
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Macgyver007
Re: 96 Blazer/Shaved Door Handles/Interior Lights wont turn off

inside the door there is a switch that activates the interior light when the handle is tugged.
I had a problem with mine after I put in an viper alarm system kids would walk down the street and flip the door handles of all the cars on the street. Very upsetting at 3:00 am. GRRRRR

Anyway, Below the dash on the left side of the Steering when. You will have to remove the black dash cover above the Break peddle. Now lets see if I can explain this right. If you put your head below the steering wheel and look at the OBD2 connector. You will see between you and it the factory colored Dash piece. If you put your hand up behind it and on the back side of it, almost right in front of the ODB2 connector you will find a small black box. Measures about 2 inches by 3 inches and an inch high. there will be (by memory) about 8 wires coming out of it. There are no markings on the box to tell you what it is except a GM 1708XXXX number. Unplug this box from the wiring harness and check to see if the light is now out when you close the door. HTH
I love these trucks !!

Still a work in progress but ...
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/761008

Macgyver
Ontario, Canada
Macgyver007 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer