Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Older Pickups
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
CRusher68
AF Newbie

No Power to Fuel Pump on 89 Nissan Pickup

I have an 1989 D21 4WD Pick up with Z24 engine. I had to replace the Fuel Pump in becuase the old one stopped working. The New pump only works some of the time. I check it out on a bench and it would not turn on. I have a third Pump and it also does not work all the time. I have check the Chassis Harness and I do not have power at the fuel pump connector. I check the Fuel Pump Relay and it works. I checked the voltage after the relay and I have 0.2V drop. The Fuel Pump Fuse and the Fuel Cut Fuse are both okay. My question is where does the wiring go and what else is in the puel pump ciruict that might be causing the Loss of voltage. If anyone has a wiring diagram, I could sure use it. the one in the Haynes book I have does not even show the fuel pump or its wiring diagram. The fuel gage does work. The Pump does work. when I appliy 12V to the pump. The Truck does crank and if I put Fuel in the intake it will run. I watch the voltage at the pump connector while cranking and when the switch is in the on position. I get an intermit voltage. Also sometime the truck will run and then turn off and turn it right back on and nothing. THe pump does not run.
CRusher68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #2
zanegrey
AF Regular

Re: No Power to Fuel Pump on 89 Nissan Pickup

read the codes and check the fuel pump relay.. the pump works till the system is charged then turns off till pressure needs turn it back on...

read the codes.....