Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon > 1st Gen 95-99
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 12:11 AM   #1
NissanZ@af
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to NissanZ@af
anyone have reliability problems?

Are there any major reliability problems with the 95-99 Neon? I'm considering buying one with low miles, but I want a car that'll last me a while so that I can add lots of mods to it.

Eventually, I want my car to look somewhat like this if I get a neon:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg body_ww_front2.jpg (48.3 KB, 294 views)
Old 08-05-2001, 06:32 PM   #2
olds88
AF Enthusiast

hello the neon is a good car but has some issues first off i can tell you every problem with the neon 1 head gaskets leak oil to beat the band. 2 the oil leak causes the rear wireing harnes for the o2 senor cranksenor oil sending unit out put speed sensor and the alternator wireing. 3 spark plug wires are will very easaly carbon tract a plug/ also the tubes leak and oil some times enters 4. the rear drum brakes will always make noise 5. dual over head 2.0s have a carbom build up prob on the exaust valves and thats all of the major probs i know of by the way im a ase certifed technition at a chrysler dealer:finger:

what is the world coming to???
olds88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 10:33 AM   #3
BigBadNeon'95
AF Newbie

Talking

The Neon is a fantastic car with an overblown track record. Look at this Neon's history on carfax and see. Some of the early Neons were terrible. I've had good luck with my '95. Routine matenence and she keeps on pluggin'. I would definitely recomend the Neon.:ylsuper :ylsuper :ylsuper
Old 10-03-2001, 09:19 PM   #4
olds88
AF Enthusiast

well they are good little cars if its a sohc and has the updated head gasket but i have seen many that are total piles

what is the world coming to???
olds88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 12:11 AM   #5
jtautostyle_neon
AF Newbie

that is how my neon look's as we speak just in red hehehe... :sun: :flamer: :angel:
jtautostyle_neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 01:05 AM   #6
jtautostyle_neon
AF Newbie

hey guys have any of u seen the other bodykit for the neon???? let me know cause im looking for another bodykit... thanks :bonghitte
jtautostyle_neon is offline   Reply With Quote