Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 05:11 PM   #1
pro_am
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to pro_am Send a message via Yahoo to pro_am
Here's what I know, can you tell me the rest?

Okay, so the engine in my car is an anything but stock 1991 fireibrd tbi 5.0 It has been bored balanced blah blah blah blah, it still has stock heads, don't know what's been done to those, the idea was since it was a pro_am car to keep in all original looking, i took the valve cover off, and you can see through these two square holes down into the lifter valley, i can see the roller lifter type locking things that keep them from moving around and the thing that holds those down, i measure the lift by making a mark on a paint stick on all of the lifters on the pushrod side then took the measurement form smallest to largest, mulitplyed that by a stock 1.5 ratio which it does appear to have, that gave me about a .540 lift, then i did the same sort of measuring on the valve side, and that coroberated (sp) with my afore mentioned calculations. So are these stock sounding numbers for a cam, and the guy who did the work on the engine was my uncle who owns a machine shop in ohio, it all was a gift, they build sprint car motors up there, so they won't say what was done, just "enjoy it" what kind of power do you expect it to have? It still has the TBI on it, so to be replaced by a holley 650? and an intake. Thanks everyone.
Jake
pro_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #2
pro_am
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to pro_am Send a message via Yahoo to pro_am
Re: Here's what I know, can you tell me the rest?

BTW I suspect it does have a decent duration as I do experience some vaccum issues. And is it possible this is an LT-1 cam? THanks again.
Jake
pro_am is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions