Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release
Stress Release Warning: Don't get offended by what's in here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 08:07 PM   #1
driftinggrifter2
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to driftinggrifter2 Send a message via MSN to driftinggrifter2
Angry to parent or not to parent

Ok so I have been pondering this for along time and still come up with nothing.
Why the hell would parents choose a life of drugs over their kids? I can't think of one logical explanation to this. My ex has decided that alcohol and her drugs of choice were more important than seeing her daughter. This pisses me off to no end. In all the states that I have been to I have seen many people make the same choice.
Sorry bout that I just had to vent
F-Bodies Forever Member #2

guess bunny couldnt dominate the world!
driftinggrifter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:45 PM   #2
vinnym86
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vinnym86
Re: to parent or not to parent

its called addiction. its a nasty thing. if you've been through it, you'd understand. i'm not trying to make it seem acceptable its still horrible, i'm just clearing it up. its a nasty thing.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand to rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
vinnym86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:33 PM   #3
SLoe
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnym86
its called addiction. its a nasty thing. if you've been through it, you'd understand.
on the nasty thing. I have three kids though and nothing is more important. I also have never understood how the parental instinct sometimes doesn't overcome the drugs. Especially in a woman.

96 GST 5 spd.......(R.I.P.) smashed by a fallen tree
2001 Camaro SS 6 speed goodness!
SLoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:53 PM   #4
quteasabutton
Banned

Send a message via AIM to quteasabutton Send a message via Yahoo to quteasabutton

i was having this same discussion with someone tonight. one of the guys on my ski team has mental impairments because his biological mother just couldn't give up drugs and drinking for her 9 month pregnancy. now this boy is all sorts of fucked up, just because of her pathetic and selfish addiction. if you're not capable of giving up drugs or alcohol to save your unborn baby's life, then you are no where close to being able to be a fit parent. if you get pregnant, have an abortion since the world knows you will not be a good mother during and post pregnancy.
quteasabutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:57 PM   #5
BleedDodge
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to BleedDodge

I was born small, and am of light weight today, all because my mom smoked while she was pregnant with me...
Old 01-27-2006, 12:18 AM   #6
imtheoneandonlyD
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to imtheoneandonlyD

any mother who continues to use drugs/alcohol while pregnany should be beaten. I dont give a shit about the "addiction". You would rather have a fucked up kid than straighten yourself out for 9 months. Grow the fuck up.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:55 AM   #7
vinnym86
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vinnym86

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtheoneandonlyD
any mother who continues to use drugs/alcohol while pregnany should be beaten. I dont give a shit about the "addiction". You would rather have a fucked up kid than straighten yourself out for 9 months. Grow the fuck up.
how about any pregnant mother behind the wheel?

8:00 at night when its getting pretty dark, this 8 and a half month pregnant lady without her lights on is coming by on the opposite lane, and i'm makin a left. no lights, so i obviously don't see her, and cause a crash. BIG scene. lots of ambulances, fire trucks, squad cars... her husband threatened to kill me! good fun that was... turns out everything was fine, but get this, her sister, who was also a licensed driver was in the passanger seat. she couldn't have been behind the wheel?
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand to rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
vinnym86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:03 AM   #8
vwracer14
AF Enthusiast

^^^^thats messed up
vwracer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:13 PM   #9
driftinggrifter2
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to driftinggrifter2 Send a message via MSN to driftinggrifter2

You want to hear something thats even more messed up. Well I'm gonna tell ya anyway. My mom works in a hospital(respritory therapist) so she goes to the ER whenever someone needs help breathing. A five yr old boy was brought in because his dad had him sit in the back of a pickup truck by himself going down I-75. Somehow the kid fell out got f'd up real bad and sent to the hospital where he died from his wounds. Now the mother doesn't even know yet cuz shes out of town on family business.

Old 01-28-2006, 02:02 AM   #10
imtheoneandonlyD
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to imtheoneandonlyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftinggrifter2
You want to hear something thats even more messed up. Well I'm gonna tell ya anyway. My mom works in a hospital(respritory therapist) so she goes to the ER whenever someone needs help breathing. A five yr old boy was brought in because his dad had him sit in the back of a pickup truck by himself going down I-75. Somehow the kid fell out got f'd up real bad and sent to the hospital where he died from his wounds. Now the mother doesn't even know yet cuz shes out of town on family business.

Seriously, how are people so stupid?!?!?! Hang the mother fucker.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:06 PM   #11
quteasabutton
Banned

Send a message via AIM to quteasabutton Send a message via Yahoo to quteasabutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftinggrifter2
how could someone do that to their kid? the only time i've ever ridden in the back of the pickup is when my grandpa would let me and my cousins ride in back to the top of the driveway and then we got out. slightly off topic but did anyone see the story of the family that lost all 6 of their kids in a car accident, and then the grandpa was so upset he died of a heartattack the next day. that poor mother. the driver was taking all her siblings home to go to church and had stopped for a school bus and some idiot out of control crashed into the back of their car at 50-60 mph, killing all those kids and sending some in the bus to the hospital. worst part is..he lived.
quteasabutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 12:11 PM   #12
ColeTrickle
AF Newbie

So manmy messed up stories out there. It is amazing that so many of us many it through unscathed.
ColeTrickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:58 PM   #13
directory
AF Enthusiast

only the strong survive.

SKYWARN

we be clubbin'

--B
directory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #14
Raz_Kaz
AF Fanatic

You should hear some people. They have the never to tell me "some people think the value of their children exceeds the value of their homes"

wow
Raz_Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:58 PM   #15
driftinggrifter2
AF Enthusiast

If i can't put a roof over my kids head then I wouldn't be fit to be a parent, don't get me wrong I will and have sacrificed alot for my daughter but if you can't provide a stable place for them then they would be better of with someone else. Now if it was a high class home then yeah it would be gone and I would get a apt. if I had to to provide better for her.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release