Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info
How-to | Technical Info A wealth of information at your disposal.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2005, 04:41 PM   #46
s10blazerman4x4
AF Enthusiast
 
s10blazerman4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,886
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to s10blazerman4x4
Re: Facts about steering slop....

ok a 2002 trailblazer steering rack for 100bucks 25000 miles
__________________
1991 Chevy S-10 Blazer 5.7 V8 RIP
1999 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4.3
s10blazerman4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 04:55 PM   #47
rlith
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
rlith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to rlith Send a message via MSN to rlith
Re: Facts about steering slop....

Is it a ZQ8 box? If not it';s still stock ratio... You can also use an envoy intermediate shaft or the latest s10/sonama/blazer/jimmy shaft... the less miledge the better
__________________


95 s10 Blazer, EGR Mod, ZQ8 Steering box mod, 99 Center console shifter mod and more... See everything at www.pghconsulting.net/teal
rlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:26 PM   #48
blazer94
AF Enthusiast
 
blazer94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: chicago, Illinois
Posts: 113
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Facts about steering slop....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazee
I'm considering renting a trailblazer from one of those $20-$40 a day rental places and swapping out a few parts.
Although I know your kidding, that WAS funny...
__________________
Trailblazer 2005.
2WD LS
Brand new, No Mods Yet!
blazer94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:35 PM   #49
s10blazerman4x4
AF Enthusiast
 
s10blazerman4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,886
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to s10blazerman4x4
Re: Facts about steering slop....

yeh it was the zq8box. He also said he had the boxes with the racks but had to email me back with prices. The trailblazer rack will mate to a zq8 box
__________________
1991 Chevy S-10 Blazer 5.7 V8 RIP
1999 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4.3
s10blazerman4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 08:48 PM   #50
rlith
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
rlith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to rlith Send a message via MSN to rlith
Re: Re: Facts about steering slop....

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10blazerman4x4
yeh it was the zq8box. He also said he had the boxes with the racks but had to email me back with prices. The trailblazer rack will mate to a zq8 box
You don't need a rack, you just need the box and the intermediate shaft...
__________________


95 s10 Blazer, EGR Mod, ZQ8 Steering box mod, 99 Center console shifter mod and more... See everything at www.pghconsulting.net/teal
rlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:15 AM   #51
blazee
Problem?
 
blazee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,247
Thanks: 63
Thanked 113 Times in 93 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Facts about steering slop....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer94
Although I know your kidding, that WAS funny...
Yeah I was just kidding. I would never take anything off somebody's vehicle.
Hey rlith, can I borrow your blazer this weekend?

Last edited by blazee; 05-11-2005 at 10:50 AM.
blazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:10 AM   #52
BlazerBoyLT98
AF Enthusiast
 
BlazerBoyLT98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Peabody, Massachusetts
Posts: 950
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to BlazerBoyLT98 Send a message via Yahoo to BlazerBoyLT98
Alright guys I know this answer is somewhere in this post but I thought I would throw the question out anyway. I can't tell if I am having steering slop or other issues??? Here are my problems:

I have had issues every since I bought the truck with the steering. I have had very easily 5 allignments and it never resolved anything. Ball joints replaced, pitman arm, pretty much everything. I drive down the highway and it drifts in either direction depending on the slope in the road. There are sometimes I have almost a quarter tuen in the steering wheel to keep it straight and then al of a sudden it is like the steering catches and turns the direction I am turniong the wheel. I could never take my hands off of the wheel cause it will never go in a straight line. When the truck is lifted from the front both wheels have a good amount of left to right movemeant without the steering wheel responding. The only unusual tire wear I have noticed is that I seem to wear the inside and outside more. I have always kept the pressure about what is recomended thinking I would wear the middle a little more to try and even the wear out but that didn't work. Any ideas for me guys and gals? Thanks for any input and let me say once again that this is a great site with a bunch of great people! I have done and learned so much from all of you.
__________________
2002 Pontiac Gram Am
K&N Air Filter
Mobil1 5W-30 Extended 15K
2 JL Audio 12" Subs Sealed JL Audio Box
Coustic 400 Watt Class D Mono Amp
Pioneer Head Unit 50X4 MP3, WMA, AAC Super Tuner
Polk DB750 6.5" all around
Yankees Suck!!!!!!!!
BlazerBoyLT98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #53
rlith
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
rlith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to rlith Send a message via MSN to rlith
Re: Facts about steering slop....

Replace the steering box w/ a zq8 box and new intermediate shaft.
__________________


95 s10 Blazer, EGR Mod, ZQ8 Steering box mod, 99 Center console shifter mod and more... See everything at www.pghconsulting.net/teal
rlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:46 PM   #54
s10blazerman4x4
AF Enthusiast
 
s10blazerman4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,886
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to s10blazerman4x4
Re: Facts about steering slop....

im getting mine in 2 weeks for about 60bucks called today the shaft and box from a 2001 with 27thousand miles then i have to figure out if i want to put in myself or not
__________________
1991 Chevy S-10 Blazer 5.7 V8 RIP
1999 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4.3
s10blazerman4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:54 PM   #55
blazee
Problem?
 
blazee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,247
Thanks: 63
Thanked 113 Times in 93 Posts
Re: Facts about steering slop....

rlith,

didn't you say the new ones wouldn't work on 94 and older?
blazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 06:17 PM   #56
s10blazerman4x4
AF Enthusiast
 
s10blazerman4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,886
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to s10blazerman4x4
Re: Facts about steering slop....

idk bout that i know the box will work i checked out his site and since his was the same body style ill go with it the 92
__________________
1991 Chevy S-10 Blazer 5.7 V8 RIP
1999 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4.3
s10blazerman4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 06:33 PM   #57
blazee
Problem?
 
blazee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,247
Thanks: 63
Thanked 113 Times in 93 Posts
Re: Facts about steering slop....

I was talking about the intermediate shaft:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlith
....you can't swap a 95+ into a 94 or below....
blazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 07:24 PM   #58
s10blazerman4x4
AF Enthusiast
 
s10blazerman4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,886
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to s10blazerman4x4
Re: Facts about steering slop....

well then i will still go with the box and rig something to it lol it was the oil on hot metal fumes getting to me
__________________
1991 Chevy S-10 Blazer 5.7 V8 RIP
1999 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4.3
s10blazerman4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:39 PM   #59
muzzy1maniac
AF Enthusiast
 
muzzy1maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 738
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Facts about steering slop....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerBoyLT98
I drive down the highway and it drifts in either direction depending on the slope in the road. There are sometimes I have almost a quarter tuen in the steering wheel to keep it straight and then al of a sudden it is like the steering catches and turns the direction I am turniong the wheel. I could never take my hands off of the wheel cause it will never go in a straight line.

Wow, It sounds like I was writing this!! Thes best part is when the steering catches you feel like you've gone to far and you turn the wheel the other way and on and on and on. I kind of feel like I'm driving drunk!!!
muzzy1maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:15 PM   #60
s10blazerman4x4
AF Enthusiast
 
s10blazerman4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,886
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to s10blazerman4x4
Re: Facts about steering slop....

yeh thats how to describe it ill be going straight like tonite down to shoemakersville to get gas im goin 65 and it was goin straight then bam it kicked in the slop and all and i was like woah thre
__________________
1991 Chevy S-10 Blazer 5.7 V8 RIP
1999 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4.3
s10blazerman4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts