Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Colorado
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-05-2022, 05:15 PM   #1
ChevyPOSowner89
AF Newbie

Question 06 Colorado repair help NEEDED. I'm at a loss

Ok so I've got an 06 Colorado. My mechanic skills don't go much further than if it's not on YouTube I can't fix it. But what's going on is.... It cranks just fine and the truck will run but if I'm just sitting in the driveway with it in park running, if I'm not giving it any gas and just sitting there within 10 to 15 minutes the engine will die and the truck will turn off. If I go to try and crank it again, the fuel pump won't turn on, the engine doesn't try and turn over there's no clicking there's nothing, but I have power everything's powered but it doesn't try to crank at all. But if I take the truck out of the driveway and go driving down the road it will also die if it if I stop at a stoplight and it's idling if I take the foot off the gas for whatever reason it will die but only after 10 to 15 minutes of driving so I'm assuming when the engine heats up. I'm unsure if these codes have anything to do with why this is happening but I'm getting a P0135 and a P0030 code on it....IJust to name some of the things I've done so far...I've changed spark plugs, ignition coils. Run some seafoam in it changed oil...usual tuneup ....the starter was changed about a year ago ....I'm at a loss here... I've been searching and searching for what it could be and no idea...I'm very strapped for cash as of late so if there is a cheap fix for this that would be great...but can't afford a mechanic. But any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Hope someone has an idea. Cause I'm all out.
ChevyPOSowner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 06:27 PM   #2
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: 06 Colorado repair help NEEDED. I'm at a loss

Has the throttle body been cleaned?
Old 09-05-2022, 07:13 PM   #3
maxwedge
A990 racer

Exclamation Re: 06 Colorado repair help NEEDED. I'm at a loss

You have an issue with bank one o2 sensor, but should not cause the truck not to restart.. The starter not even turning the engine is electrical of course., all connections must be confirmed, is the relay being powered, also the ignition switch was a problem in those years, not the key switch but the switch connected to it in the column. You may need some professional help with this, lotta stuff to go thru.
Old 09-05-2022, 08:21 PM   #4
ChevyPOSowner89
AF Newbie

Re: 06 Colorado repair help NEEDED. I'm at a loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bowtie View Post
Has the throttle body been cleaned?
Yes I forgot to say that I cleaned that as well as soon as these issues were happening.
ChevyPOSowner89 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
chevy , colorado , helpme , repair
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Colorado