Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Mégane
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 12:59 PM   #1
Gincal
AF Newbie

Post Megane 2016 GTi - Clutch pedal loose halfway

Hey, I'm a young driver and this car is for me, my mom and my older brother. He's the most frequent user, my mom once in a while and me too.

The car is well kept, I don't think this is a big enough problem to report to the mechanic but it has happened twice now and I just want some insight on it.

I have no idea about the specifications of the car, but I suppose this might be some question that could be applied to any model or brand, I think.

Description: My older brother is really tall and I'm really not. He drives with his seat adjusted all to the back and I drive with it pretty close to the wheel, I've been progressively adjusting it a bit farther away from the wheel, but my point is that our driver seat's rug gets pretty close to the pedals when I'm driving, because the seat is pushing it forward.

A few months ago at the end of a short trip I felt the clutch "point", like the fine margin between the actual gear clutching in and it being in neutral, changing and therefore myself letting the car shut down way more often than usual. I stopped it, and the clutch pedal was like halfway between being fully pushed or retracted, I wasn't touching it or anything, and it was kind of loose, so much that I touched it with my hand just a bit to push it to its supposed stationary position and it came perfectly and all came back to normal. At that point I thought it had been the rug somehow getting in between, but ever since that happened I have been kinda obssessed with the rug and always push it as far away from the pedal as possible.

Recently the same thing happened, I knew that might have been it, so I stopped the car, checked it and sure enough the pedal wasn't fully retracted, it was halfway gone, but loose enough that if I touched it with my hand it just springed back into place.

I don't feel like this should be a massive problem, and I'm sure it's nothing directly related to Renault, I just ended up creating this thread because I wouldn't know how to search for it specifically on google.

Anyway, thanks so much,

Pedro.
Gincal is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
clutch , halfway , loose , pedal , stuck
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Mégane