Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Crown Victoria
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
scotschult
AF Newbie

Frt Lower Control Arm

Girlfriend lost a lower ball joint Friday night-luckily on a low speed turn. To get it out of traffic, I "drove" it about 500 feet, dragging the control arm on asphalt. Replaced the ball joint today, but saw the control is ground down to the spring. I've read that control arms can/used to be replaced as an assembly, but now can't find any. Anyone have any sources other than the Dealer, or salvage? It's a '94 CV Base. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Scott
Old 12-15-2010, 07:42 AM   #2
urclueless
Banned

Re: Frt Lower Control Arm

what you can't find a lower control arm anywhere... what junkyards have you contacted in your area? I did a search in your area and found dozens of them for around $30-$50 at tons of junkyars.

Last edited by OnThePike; 12-17-2010 at 09:02 AM. Reason: See User Details & AE Trip Log
Old 12-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #3
scotschult
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by urclueless View Post
what you can't find a lower control arm anywhere... what junkyards have you contacted in your area? I did a search in your area and found dozens of them for around $30-$50 at tons of junkyars.
I did find one at a junk yard, I just didn't want to. I'd rather have gone with a new, complete one, rather than having to replace the ball joint & bushings in a used one.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
urclueless
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotschult View Post
I did find one at a junk yard, I just didn't want to. I'd rather have gone with a new, complete one, rather than having to replace the ball joint & bushings in a used one.
so you wasted money/time putting in a new ball joint on a damaged control arm and now you say that a used arm isn't good enough for a 16 year old car. geez. you already have a new balljoint so put in new bushings on a used arm) and that'll solve your problem...

Last edited by OnThePike; 12-17-2010 at 09:02 AM. Reason: See User Details & AE Trip Log
Old 12-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
way2old
TOKEN HILLBILLY

Easy there urclueless. Lets not start off on a bad foot.

The sooner you fall behind the more time you'll have to catch up.
HEY Y'ALL--READ THIS
Here are some of our old vehicles for sale.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #6
urclueless
Banned

whatever, must have never had a parent get on you for doing/being dumb. Red Foreman (that 70's show) is my idol. sorry I hurt your feelings but really when someone just says something that rediculous, I just can't stand it especially since I spent quite a bit of my time searching for the parts.. it's like getting slapped in the face.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
way2old
TOKEN HILLBILLY

Got to get a tougher skin on these forums. I just don't want to anyone start degrading other posters. BTW, welcome to the Ford Forums.

HEY Y'ALL--READ THIS

Old 12-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #8
urclueless
Banned

that's the wrong use of terminology. people that get their feelings hurt with the littlest repremand need thicker skin.

degrading would be calling names and being hostile at a person (such as calling a mentally disabled person a retard). I'm calling actions and statements foolish, contradicting and just plain dumb which is not degrading, it's a form of education (making someone aware that their actions are not logical)

Old 12-16-2010, 07:18 AM   #9
way2old
TOKEN HILLBILLY

But you will not do it in any forums I moderate. Seems to me like you have a chip and it needs taken care of. Either follow the simple rules or find another forum. You may be very intelligent, but your way of communicating is not conducive to the forum or other posters. You can not hurt my feelings no matter how hard you try. Degrading is calling someone or their ideas dumb just as calliong them some kind of menlly challenged person anything. So play by the rules or no Ford Forum for you.

HEY Y'ALL--READ THIS

Old 12-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #10
urclueless
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2old View Post
But you will not do it in any forums I moderate. Seems to me like you have a chip and it needs taken care of. Either follow the simple rules or find another forum. You may be very intelligent, but your way of communicating is not conducive to the forum or other posters. You can not hurt my feelings no matter how hard you try. Degrading is calling someone or their ideas dumb just as calliong them some kind of menlly challenged person anything. So play by the rules or no Ford Forum for you.
OP "Anyone have any sources other than the Dealer, or salvage? It's a '94 CV Base. Any help is greatly appreciated."

I spent nearly 1/2 trying to locate one which I did only to find I WASTED my time helping!!!!

OP "I did find one at a junk yard, I just didn't want to" (TOTALLY contradicts the original post )

After basiclly being told I wasted my time locating a ball joint, YOU pipe in and chastise me! I'd accept the OP some criticism.

I am not humiliating the person. I asked why does he need a NEW control arm? He responds with "... bushings..." etc. Anyone have any sources other than the Dealer, or salvage? It's a '94 CV Base. Any help is greatly appreciated.
. I feel degraded for my efforts. I am NOT degrading the person, I do NOT have a chip, I put forth HONEST effort to help and YOU start this problem!!!!

I don't really care if you want to have the Peter syndrome. just leave me alone!!!

Old 12-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #11
scotschult
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by urclueless View Post
OP "Anyone have any sources other than the Dealer, or salvage? It's a '94 CV Base. Any help is greatly appreciated."

I spent nearly 1/2 trying to locate one which I did only to find I WASTED my time helping!!!!

OP "I did find one at a junk yard, I just didn't want to" (TOTALLY contradicts the original post )

After basiclly being told I wasted my time locating a ball joint, YOU pipe in and chastise me! I'd accept the OP some criticism.

I am not humiliating the person. I asked why does he need a NEW control arm? He responds with "... bushings..." etc. Anyone have any sources other than the Dealer, or salvage? It's a '94 CV Base. Any help is greatly appreciated.
. I feel degraded for my efforts. I am NOT degrading the person, I do NOT have a chip, I put forth HONEST effort to help and YOU start this problem!!!!

I don't really care if you want to have the Peter syndrome. just leave me alone!!!
Yeah, I said "other than dealer, or salvage", meaning to me aftermarket. Sorry you wasted your precious time but I had to get the car mobile, which it now is. I had ball joints in hand before I ever jacked the car up and saw it needed a new arm. Dude, chill. I don't feel anything I've said or done is ridiculous. I had a plan, and was working it to fit in my time frame, which was "the quicker the better". I sell parts for a living, and couldn't find anything thru my sources, so I asked here. I found a used one with one phone call, but he wanted way too much for it. 2 calls later, I had one for half that price. I appreciate the time you put in, and sorry if I wasn't crystal clear in what you read, but I think you're a little over the line.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #12
Scrapper
AF Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2old View Post
that's rite way 2 old he does need chip knocked off. i tell you this because if i run across a problem that you reply to i know i'm pointed in the rite direction. if he reads this way2old is a good man to have.

scrapper....
Old 12-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #13
OnThePike

Thread closed. Please start a new thread if necessary. Thank you, and I apologize for any inconvenience.