Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
Acidbath
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Acidbath Send a message via Yahoo to Acidbath
Can I delete this manifold all together?

Its rusted out, and was wondering If I can just pipe those lines straight around it? Remove it all together? one is from the master, two feed the rear from the abs, and one goes to the abs. Havent worked on brakes before, but have a friend coming over to flare some lines for me. I have lines, unions and all that, just wondering if there is something funny with this manifold I should keep, or can I re use it? Thanks.

1992 Ford SHO.. New 0 Mile Short Block, Brass Plugs, New chrome fittings, and all new gaskets and seals, 3 angle valve job, new (used tensioners), new injector seals, caps, o-rings. New flywheel, new clutch, Sho Shop PP, ASP underdrive Pulleys, C&L 73mm, Ted B LPM, Reinforced Mounts, Poly Bushings all around, SHO Project Car Domain
Acidbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
jjh1976
AF Newbie

Re: Can I delete this manifold all together?

i dont know of any way to delet it without fouling the abs system up. can you get compresion fittings and just replace a small section
jjh1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:19 PM   #3
Acidbath
AF Regular

well they look like they just pass straight thru. One from the master thru to the abs pump, then 2 from the pump, thru to the 2 that run to the rear proportioning valve. I was just going to cut back on both ends and pipe between them. How would it mess up the ABS? I know I'll have to go to a shop to get the ABS pump bled out right? But other than that I should be fine I think. ?

1992 Ford SHO.. New 0 Mile Short Block, Brass Plugs, New chrome fittings, and all new gaskets and seals, 3 angle valve job, new (used tensioners), new injector seals, caps, o-rings. New flywheel, new clutch, Sho Shop PP, ASP underdrive Pulleys, C&L 73mm, Ted B LPM, Reinforced Mounts, Poly Bushings all around, SHO Project Car Domain
Old 03-31-2007, 07:05 PM   #4
way2old
TOKEN HILLBILLY

All that is is a noise and vibraton isolator. You can safely remove it and replace the lines in there. Just be sure to do a proper hydraulic connection for a safe repir. You are going to have around 2500 psi pressure on the lines. Good luck. We use either a double flare with steel connectors or a bubble flare with steel connectors. Do not use the brass compression fittings.

The sooner you fall behind the more time you'll have to catch up.
HEY Y'ALL--READ THIS
Here are some of our old vehicles for sale.

way2old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:41 PM   #5
jjh1976
AF Newbie

sorry i did not realize you were talking about that bracket. after you replace your lines you could put rubber vacumn line on the line to keepit from rubbing. and i was wrong you cant use the compression fittings way too old had it right.
jjh1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:49 AM   #6
Acidbath
AF Regular

Yea, my buddy came thru for me. Took us a good 10 hours, but ended up re plumbing the entire thing. Cut the rear two off near the steering rack, and ran all new lines in and out of the ABS unit. Added a new master cly bled everything, but I am nearly certian I have some air in the ABS unit, because my pedal is still spongy. Nice and hard when its off, but running theres a lot of air somewhere, and it wasnt coming out of the calipers? I also wondered about the angle of the master clynder itself. We ''bench bled'' it attatched to the car, but i wonder if some was still in the top corner of the MC?

Other than that... put the first 50 miles on the new motor! Been sitting waiting on parts for almost 3 years.. Glad to have it back on the road!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon