Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Asia/Pacific
Asia/Pacific Members from Japan, Philippines, Korea, Malaysia, Australia, NZ, etc...
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 06:45 AM   #16
Spunkymonkey
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Setanta
lol - what, swap a massproduced non-JDM car for my unique baby? nah. The extra 30bhp would be nice though
True....know what you mean though...

Its ashame we didn't keep the convertible but we just didn't need it anymore, and rego wasn't worth it.

There's a chick driving that thing

www.performanceforums.com
Spunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 07:05 AM   #17
Setanta
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Setanta Send a message via AIM to Setanta Send a message via Yahoo to Setanta
yeah - it gets that way. I went hunting through the trading post for a good 1G SBC body - not too many SBCs left by the looks of it

Setanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 08:13 AM   #18
Spunkymonkey
AF Fanatic

Quote:
yeah - it gets that way. I went hunting through the trading post for a good 1G SBC body - not too many SBCs left by the looks of it
The last time my sister saw her old pink 1st gen, she was pretty appalled. It had lost its mags, half the front grill, had a cardboard number plate, was mostly grey, and yeah.......RIP poor car!

Old 01-17-2002, 03:09 PM   #19
Setanta
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Setanta Send a message via AIM to Setanta Send a message via Yahoo to Setanta
Don't you hate that. I found my gold SBC 1400 twin-carb in pieces at a wreckers with the back end destroyed. It was heartbreaking as I'd worked on that car for two years

Old 01-17-2002, 07:46 PM   #20
Oz
Aussie Mod

Send a message via AIM to Oz
Quote:
He wasn't impressed when I suggested that it would be a drop in swap

Damn - did we crash the board server?
It wo0uldn't be a drop in swap. The difference is in the tranny's. Yours is cable, his is hydraulic. Sorry dude. Bolt on a Jackson Racing SC and an exhaust for the extra 30hp and then some. YeeeeHaw.
Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 11:29 PM   #21
Setanta
AF Fanatic

If I was only getting 30bhp from a JRSC then I'd be pretty pissed off with it. More to the point, I don't have as much room as the USDM EK Si and I'd lose the factory appearance of my car (and up insurance premiums).

Umm... drop in swap = engine bolts in to chassis with no problems. Hence the term "drop in" If we were talking "turn key" swap then you could be right

Old 01-19-2002, 02:32 AM   #22
Oz
Aussie Mod

Send a message via AIM to Oz
Quote:
If I was only getting 30bhp from a JRSC then I'd be pretty pissed off with it. More to the point, I don't have as much room as the USDM EK Si and I'd lose the factory appearance of my car (and up insurance premiums).

Umm... drop in swap = engine bolts in to chassis with no problems. Hence the term "drop in" If we were talking "turn key" swap then you could be right
1st - Did you read 'and then some'?
2nd - what good is dropping it in if you then have to spend 6 months getting everything else right and engineered? hehe. No more nits to pick at. Have a good one.

My preference for a hybrid would be like a Datto 1600 with Honda S2000 bock and 6 speed. Schweeeet. Or even a 60s S600.
Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 03:29 AM   #23
Setanta
AF Fanatic

My hybrid is starting up - my brother is getting a '76-'78 Civic as a run around while his insurance sorts out and he goes overseas. Guess who is going to get it off him and do it up when he's finished with it. Now I'm looking for a City Turbo front cut or a D15B swap - unless I can find all the 1G Mugen parts again. Going to mod the brakes to 100 pcd and use the SiR wheels on it when I got to 16s on the SiR. Actually - I've seen pics of 16s on a 1G SBC - can you say rollerskate?

Unless of course, Quyen found out if the City Turbo was still up for grabs?

Old 01-19-2002, 06:55 AM   #24
Spunkymonkey
AF Fanatic

Quote:
My hybrid is starting up - my brother is getting a '76-'78 Civic as a run around while his insurance sorts out and he goes overseas. Guess who is going to get it off him and do it up when he's finished with it. Now I'm looking for a City Turbo front cut or a D15B swap - unless I can find all the 1G Mugen parts again. Going to mod the brakes to 100 pcd and use the SiR wheels on it when I got to 16s on the SiR. Actually - I've seen pics of 16s on a 1G SBC - can you say rollerskate?

Unless of course, Quyen found out if the City Turbo was still up for grabs?
Sorry mate....latest is that they are going to re-register it....But....they've been saying that for the last 3 months or so??

I found out where the rims went...My cousin Tuan nicked them, and put them on his civic sedan he recently bought.

I'll keep you posted anyway. My cousins are renowned for being lazy, and you know...never getting anything done. The convertible is still there.

Oh, one of my cousin's friends just bought a integra type r cut and they are currently putting it into his CRX. Don't know what they are doing with the current engine. Its vtec, so I assume its a B16a. Its one of those 88 - 91 shapes. I've already been given some type r dash sort of bits, but I'll be having a look soon, to see what else I can scam.

I'm sure my sister will be so jealous if you do that conversion... She misses her 1G.

Old 01-19-2002, 09:22 AM   #25
Setanta
AF Fanatic

Heh - it wasn't a yellow ITR front cut was it?

'tegs are B18s as I recollect - unless you mean he had a B16A in there already. CRXs had the D15B or ZC in them from factory. Painful if he's putting a B series engine in there as he'll need custom mounts.

Pity about the Turbo - my brother needs a runabout for a bit and the CT would have been a good option. Oh well - we just need to track down a good SBC chassis and "ok" engine - not too easy today :/

Heh - got my custom SBC center console out today - not to mention the Rayjay draw-through turbo setup sitting in pieces in the back room. Not going to happen though - I priced City Turbo setups and if I can get a good front cut then it's the way to go with fuel injection.

Old 01-19-2002, 09:43 AM   #26
Spunkymonkey
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Heh - it wasn't a yellow ITR front cut was it?

'tegs are B18s as I recollect - unless you mean he had a B16A in there already. CRXs had the D15B or ZC in them from factory. Painful if he's putting a B series engine in there as he'll need custom mounts.

Pity about the Turbo - my brother needs a runabout for a bit and the CT would have been a good option. Oh well - we just need to track down a good SBC chassis and "ok" engine - not too easy today :/

Heh - got my custom SBC center console out today - not to mention the Rayjay draw-through turbo setup sitting in pieces in the back room. Not going to happen though - I priced City Turbo setups and if I can get a good front cut then it's the way to go with fuel injection.
:silly2: I haven't seen the front cut yet...but they had it before your brothers car got jacked.

Yep, he went from factory Twin cam engine to B16a, and now he is going B18 type r.

Yes, hard to find a older honda with a chassis that hasn't been killed. People like to rear end hondas for some reason. All the hondas that we've had, have been rear ended apart from the 1g civic.

Old 01-19-2002, 05:18 PM   #27
Setanta
AF Fanatic

I've had 2 1Gs rear-ended, plus a 3G about 2 weeks after I bought it. My old red 4G GL had a falcon drive over the front fender and bumper in Eastwood shopping centre. It's a tight fit there and she'd had a long day, pulled out and crossed over my car. I came back to find the fender and bonnet underneath the falcon's wheel arch. Ouch.

Old 01-23-2002, 03:15 AM   #28
Spunkymonkey
AF Fanatic

Quote:
I've had 2 1Gs rear-ended, plus a 3G about 2 weeks after I bought it. My old red 4G GL had a falcon drive over the front fender and bumper in Eastwood shopping centre. It's a tight fit there and she'd had a long day, pulled out and crossed over my car. I came back to find the fender and bonnet underneath the falcon's wheel arch. Ouch.
My civic was pretty badly bashed up. Front left hand side, lots of dints, broken into, passenger lock stuffed, and finally rear ended. $2500 damage. when I was sitting at a set of lights. It was worse, because the guy attempted to pick me up. This 60 year old

My teg got rear ended after I had it a month. Lucky it wasn't much damage. Nevertheless I was pissed off. The day before I was to have it fixed, I had my wheels pinched