Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Mechanical > Electrical
Electrical Lucas, need I say more?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
MNKCole85
AF Newbie

Need help bad...

Greetings everyone. I just bought a 1996 Land Rover Discovery from a private owner here on Oahu, Hawaii. The car has about 130,000 miles on it, looks good from the outside, interior has been well kept. The guy selling it to me is an enlisted guy in the Navy, said the only issue is that it has a small oil leak. I looked up the leak online, found that a lot of Land Rovers leak oil. No big deal. Bought the car yesterday, drove it for about an hour around town (was loving this thing), pull up to Jack in the Box to get some food, and as I'm sitting there in the drive-thru, I start to smell an oil smell, pretty strong. The a.c. started to get warmer, the defroster wasn't working well at all, (the windshield out of no where got all fogged up), and all of a sudden I heard a loud pop noise and grey smoke came rushing out of the hood. I'm talking A LOT of smoke. It was coming into the inside of the car as well, through the vents. I turned the car off and got out. Had a guy push it around, and then got it towed to a local auto repair shop. I can't tell you how pissed I am right now. It's Sunday, and I won't know what's wrong with it until Monday. NO shop out here is open on Sundays. Can anyone help me diagnose the problem??
MNKCole85 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Mechanical > Electrical