Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lotus | Proton > 340R
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 08:07 AM   #16
SilverLotus340R
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SilverLotus340R
hold on hold on ..new mod at work..

IM TRYING :licker:
Who’d dare build a car without doors or side windows or a hood? Only Lotus. And who’d dare drive one? You would. The 340R is the sports car for people who live to drive and want the whole experience as raw and as pure as it comes.
SilverLotus340R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 08:39 AM   #17
Deakins
AF Enthusiast

Well done
Old 02-17-2003, 11:45 AM   #18
modexotics
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to modexotics
340R

Hey, Just wondering if any of you have access to 340R's I just sold ours and am looking for another. They are absolutely the BEST to drive....anyways, been lookin for a bit, with no luck. Overseas is fine too. Our current one, #286 appears to be sold, and I want another, so if you can help me out, let me know, email me or whatever, thanks
TOM
(561)841-7808
modexotics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 04:55 PM   #19
THEMASH
AF Newbie

I got one
I am located in VA, i dont really want to sell mine, but if your price is good, i might think about it.
THEMASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 05:41 PM   #20
SilverLotus340R
AF Fanatic

MASH...can you post pics of yours!!!! PLLEASEEEEE
Who’d dare build a car without doors or side windows or a hood? Only Lotus. And who’d dare drive one? You would. The 340R is the sports car for people who live to drive and want the whole experience as raw and as pure as it comes.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:34 PM   #21
THEMASH
AF Newbie

As soon as the weather gets better, i will take some more pics, visit http://www.cardomain.com/id/xmashx for more pics.

'00 Lotus 340R #191/340
'91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT
Old 03-07-2003, 07:58 PM   #22
SilverLotus340R
AF Fanatic

you have quite the extensive collection!

thanks for the pics..you are a very lucky man. did you buy it new or did you get it from a secondhand dealer?
Old 03-07-2003, 10:03 PM   #23
THEMASH
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverLotus340R
you have quite the extensive collection!

thanks for the pics..you are a very lucky man. did you buy it new or did you get it from a secondhand dealer?
Thanks.
i bought it brand new from Lotus USA
it only has 130 miles on it, i am going to buy a trailer so i can take it to autoX and a few track days.
if your ever in the DC area, send me an E-mail, i would be happy to take you out for a ride.

Mash
'00 Lotus 340R #191/340
'91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT
Old 03-08-2003, 06:25 AM   #24
SilverLotus340R
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by THEMASH

Thanks.
i bought it brand new from Lotus USA
it only has 130 miles on it, i am going to buy a trailer so i can take it to autoX and a few track days.
if your ever in the DC area, send me an E-mail, i would be happy to take you out for a ride.

Mash

THANKS!!!

i dont mean to be so nosey but ive only talked to one 340 owner....i saw you put the titanium exhaust on the back inplace of the carbon fibre to save weight and add hp... did you do any other mods ??
Old 03-08-2003, 07:49 AM   #25
THEMASH
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverLotus340R

i saw you put the titanium exhaust on the back inplace of the carbon fibre to save weight and add hp... did you do any other mods ??
I did not install the titanium exhaust yet, its still in the box it came in, i just took a picture of it. The titanium exhaust is a Lotus exhaust, which they don’t make anymore.
I was told by LOTUS USA that the 8 cars in the states all have the 190hp kit on them, which includes an upgraded ECU, deletion of cat, oil cooler, race battery, resonator valve and second air filter. So those mods, which the guys in Europe have to do, were already done to the 8 cars that were officially imported to the states (since they are for track use only).
I did buy other mods, which I don’t think are included, like the 82-degree thermostat, cam pulley. And a few I know are not included, such as magnacore wires, goodridge brake lines and B&M shifter.
I have not installed any of these parts yet.
If you want some really good info, go to http://www.340r.net/upgrade.htm
Old 03-08-2003, 08:38 AM   #26
SilverLotus340R
AF Fanatic

340R.net is my bible that is where i learned everything about this amazing car...

Mash-(sorry for the questions) since the tires on the 340R were practically made just for the car...if you ever need a spare or a new one do you have to order it from lotus or from directly from yokohama?? ive always wondered this

ps. thanks for coming to the boards its nice to have life in the Lotus forums...hope you have a long stay!
Old 03-10-2003, 05:31 PM   #27
THEMASH
AF Newbie

I think you can only get the tires from Lotus. not sure since i am a long way from replacing mine, and if i do, i will most likely get normal tires, the yokohamas are very sticky and throw rocks like crazy.
'00 Lotus 340R #191/340
'91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT
Old 03-31-2003, 02:12 PM   #28
arthur12187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to arthur12187
mash: wtf do u do for a living?
Old 09-01-2003, 12:59 PM   #29
G35man
AF Newbie

I live about an hour north of Baltimore City, and about an hour and a half north of DC, and would be incredibly happy just to see that beast. If you ever go to a track around Bmore or DC put a post on here, and I'll try to make it there. In Ocean City, MD, there's this Cruisin Weekend thing they have twice a year. There's one coming up in October from the 9th to the 12th. Theres a lot of awards given out there, and I'm sure you could win a few trophies there. Check it out

Edit: I just checked out the application form, and it says that the car has to be "street legal with current state tags, licensced and insured".....maybe they'll make an exception for something as amazing as the 340R

A couple questions....Why isnt it street legal? How much was it new? How much do you make a year (if you dont mind saying)? And what do you do for a living?

Last edited by G35man; 09-01-2003 at 07:22 PM.
G35man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 09:18 AM   #30
AnsisK
AF Enthusiast

Re: Help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35man
I live about an hour north of Baltimore City, and about an hour and a half north of DC, and would be incredibly happy just to see that beast. If you ever go to a track around Bmore or DC put a post on here, and I'll try to make it there. In Ocean City, MD, there's this Cruisin Weekend thing they have twice a year. There's one coming up in October from the 9th to the 12th. Theres a lot of awards given out there, and I'm sure you could win a few trophies there. Check it out

Edit: I just checked out the application form, and it says that the car has to be "street legal with current state tags, licensced and insured".....maybe they'll make an exception for something as amazing as the 340R

A couple questions....Why isnt it street legal? How much was it new? How much do you make a year (if you dont mind saying)? And what do you do for a living?
It is not street legal because it does not have the crumple zones etc. They'd have to crash 9 of them here before they would deem it street legal, and chances are, even then it wouldn't be. It's a shame that it isn't legal, but it is also good that they don't crash 9 of them to risk it... Bill Gates has a Porsche 959 still in custody because they wouldn't let it in because of it's illegal crash safety.