Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Sierra
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #1
garftree
AF Newbie

Question k1500 rpm go up when driving

ok i cant figure this one out, i have a 1995 k1500 z71 with a 350 and 4l60e trans with 172k on it. now i just made a trip to the catskill mountains (about 1800 miles with loads of hills) and when i got back it started freaking out when driving i could be going at any speed the rpms go up i thought trans but the rpms only go up like 500rpm max 800 as if it is slipping, well i am still moving forward the entire time so i dont thikn my trans is slipping, even when i am in cruise control it does it, its acting like its still in the mountains going up hills, i reset the computer still doing it. i am at loss here. no codes no lights on dash nothing. any help ideas would b great
garftree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
2000CAYukon
AF Enthusiast

Re: k1500 rpm go up when driving

Does this happen at constant throttle position only? Might be TCC lockup issues caused by a bad TCC Regulator valve in the valve body.

//2000CAYukon
2000CAYukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
garftree
AF Newbie

Re: k1500 rpm go up when driving

it happeneds when ever touching the throttle, happens in cruse control, and acceleration. what i thought it might be is the tcc is unlocking and locking when it shouldnt, i am not sure the ways of trans inside and out, just basics. i was told to change the fluid, i also heard if it has more 60k miles on it dont change the fluid, well its got 173k on it now.
garftree is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
fluctuation , problem , rpm , rpms , surge
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Sierra