-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 06-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Ramblin Fever Ramblin Fever is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,679
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: 14.7

On that '95 Rig, HShawn31, bring the psi up a bit; the 1st generation Rodeo's are a bit heavier then the newer models.

If you're running P-metric tires, i.e. P245/70, run your fronts at about 38psi, and your rear about 36psi - AS long as the sidewall of the tire states max pressure of 40-44psi cold.

IF the max cold psi of the tire is only 35psi (I don't think it's that low, but it's been a while since I've had P-metric tires), then run front/rear at 35psi - won't hurt the tires at all, and you'll have better cornering, mpg, but the ride might be a bit bumbpier.

I have LT265/75 R16 D (8 ply) tires, and run my fronts at 38psi/rear 36 with better then average mpg for having bigger tires. When I had the 245/75, I ran the fronts at 40psi/rear 38 with excellent tread wearing and cornering.

Macre - You might be able to go to 35psi and see a tad better mpg, and if that's too much psi, you'll know as you'll find it takes longer to stop along with greater force on the brake pedal.

Gizmo42 - I thought I was the only "weirdo" who ran to the gas station at exactly 1/2 tank! Can't STAND it when it gets below that, don't know why though. But I am *knocking hard on wood* still on my 1st fuel pump.
__________________
1997 3.2L V6 Rodeo
32" Yoko's, 16x8 MB Wheels, 2" lift, Brushguard, KC Fog's, Loadwarrior Rack
On it's way to 185k strong


2004 3.4L Tacoma TRD off-road 4x4 Double cab
32" Yoko's, Westin Bull-bar, KC Fogs 60K miles
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-29-2006, 07:19 PM
marcre's Avatar
marcre marcre is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 545
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to marcre Send a message via MSN to marcre Send a message via Yahoo to marcre Send a message via Skype™ to marcre
Re: 14.7

I just got back from Baltimore(job interview) and I averaged 23.5 MPG on the way there. 21.5 on the way back. Not bad at all. Best I've ever seen on the Rodeo. I didn't burn any noticeable oil on the way there, but on the way back I was about half a quart low an hour from home. I checked several times each way just to be safe.

I will say this, it was a nice ride, pretty comfortable and the A/C did well in the 86º and very humid weather in Maryland. The ride was pleasantly smooth and comfortable.

This is the longest trip I've ever taken the Rodeo on and I was happy. For some reason I was nervous at its ability to make it. Those fears are and were unfounded.

marc
__________________
2007 VW Jetta 2.5 5sp


1999 Rodeo LS 3.2 4x4 SOLD, but not forgotten
My Rodeo
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-29-2006, 07:30 PM
rodeo02 rodeo02 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,213
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: 14.7

That's awesome MPG's. I dunno if I ever saw that with my 2002, but she never saw more than a ~300mi trip in one shot. Good luck with the job! Hate too see anyone have to bail out of WNY!!

Joel
__________________
2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i base CVT
2016 Nissan Quest SV
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-29-2006, 09:21 PM
surferfletch surferfletch is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,358
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: 14.7

My Rodeo has made several trips from SW FL to New England. All were uneventful, except for the roof rack letting go in SC at 4 am 2 summers ago. Still got all the gear inside comfortably. Ordered the part on the phone and had it wating in NH when we got there. I wouldn't hesitate to take another 1000 mile+ trip in it now.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-30-2006, 12:42 AM
Ramblin Fever Ramblin Fever is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,679
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: 14.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferfletch
I wouldn't hesitate to take another 1000 mile+ trip in it now.
Same here - lost count though of all the 1k+ mile trips we've gone on in the Rodeo, every single one was uneventful, with the exception of a weak clamp on the upper radiator hose 5yrs ago in Green River, Utah on one of the coldest mornings in history or at least it felt that way when you're trying to get ice cold fingers to hold a skinny clamp on a hot hot hose.
__________________
1997 3.2L V6 Rodeo
32" Yoko's, 16x8 MB Wheels, 2" lift, Brushguard, KC Fog's, Loadwarrior Rack
On it's way to 185k strong


2004 3.4L Tacoma TRD off-road 4x4 Double cab
32" Yoko's, Westin Bull-bar, KC Fogs 60K miles
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts