|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#16
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: MFH 1979 512 LM "Cloud Car"
Thanks guys... more progress.....
Body is in primer.... still a few tweaks here and there to go but its close to being ready for paint...... ![]() ![]() Engine is also completed and in its chassis cradle... All made from metal supplied in the kit.... Very heavy! ![]() ![]() More to come soon..... |
|
#17
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: MFH 1979 512 LM "Cloud Car"
Looks great! There are 3 good engine shots on Symbolic Motors site:
http://www.symbolicmotors.com/car-81...-512-bblm.html |
|
#18
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: MFH 1979 512 LM "Cloud Car"
Nice work, engine looks terrific. Although I am not a big fan of the livery
|
|
#19
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: MFH 1979 512 LM "Cloud Car"
I love this big (and heavy) V12 boxer engine...
Great Job!!! |
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: MFH 1979 512 LM "Cloud Car"
The body doesn't look bad at all, seems like its fitting well. Keep us posted.
|
|
#21
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: MFH 1979 512 LM "Cloud Car"
I´m really keen on seeing you doing the decal job. This will be great to watch! The fitment seems to be nicer than everybody thought or did you need to put much work into it?
Robert
__________________
Recently finished Projects:
Porsche 911 Carrera RS 3.0 Current Projects: Ferrari 250 GTO LM 1962 (chassis #3387) |
|
#22
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: MFH 1979 512 LM "Cloud Car"
Quote:
Thanks DaveT |
|
#23
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: MFH 1979 512 LM "Cloud Car"
That engine does look heavy.
|
|
#24
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: MFH 1979 512 LM "Cloud Car"
You make this look way to easy :-)
|
|
#25
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: MFH 1979 512 LM "Cloud Car"
Not like you do my friend!!!
How is that Jordan coming? Thanks all.... as soon as it warms up (even if Florida it is too cold to paint right now) I will be putting it in paint. |
|
#26
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: MFH 1979 512 LM "Cloud Car"
It's gonna look superb when it's done. It would look good with the "Officine Panerai" stickers below the side racing numbers.
|
|
#27
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: MFH 1979 512 LM "Cloud Car"
Here is an example of the "Officine Panerai" sticker on a 250 SWB. I have an MFH 250 GTO (K078), and I may have a great result.
|
|
#28
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: MFH 1979 512 LM "Cloud Car"
|
|
#29
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: MFH 1979 512 LM "Cloud Car"
Thanks guys......
finally got this thing in paint!! I used Scale finishes Rosso Corsa and a special Blue mixed by Scalefinishes as well... I sent Jameston a swatch of the decal and the man matched it..... I mean MATCHED it! The naca body ducts were taped offand shot with the blue after the red was applied because decaling those areas would have proved impossible. I dont see a difference in the paint against the decal... I also will be using that blue on the wheels. More decals will be added after I polish a few pieces of trash out of the 2 part omni clear including roundels to solve the bleeding of the ones on there now.. The decals went on well but needed alot of decal solvent to behave.... ![]() ![]()
|
|
#30
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: MFH 1979 512 LM "Cloud Car"
Absolutely fantastic! I got this kit near the bench, not quite on it but near it. Your inspiring me! Body looks amazing! Im emailing Jameston right now as we speak about the blue! Great job!
__________________
Friends dont let friends buy die-casts... "If it can't run 24hrs., it aint sh!t...." -me ![]() ![]()
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|