|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| General Discussion All general comments or enquiries go here. Website, club oriented, or general Skyline banter. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#16
|
||||
|
||||
|
this is just a thought for any one that wants to buy something from Motor ex, they over charge more than the car is worth
|
|
#17
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
If I purchase a car that I beleive to be worth every cent I paid for it, how is that over paying.
__________________
R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper. |
|
#18
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Just to recoup the crash test investment, Motorex will need to sell quite a few Skylines. Since they're a business, and not a charity, they need to make a profit. That's why they would sell a Skyline for "more than the car is worth." To make money, you have to sell it for more than you paid for it, kapiche?
__________________
Quote:
|
|
#19
|
||||
|
||||
|
VQuick,
Well said.
__________________
R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper. |
|
#20
|
|||
|
|||
|
Thanks. I'm just tired of people dogging Motorex because they can't afford to buy a Skyline from them. I mean, I can't either, but I didn't start griping about it.
[rant]People almost act as if Motorex is a charity. I never saw them say "We're selling cheap Skylines to everyone, and we don't have to make any money." Thye're in a business to sell Skylines, and there are people who can afford them. Those folks will be able to purchase from them. If you can't afford one, go work more instead of complaining about it on the internet. Maybe you'll make enough money to buy one someday.[/rant]
__________________
Quote:
|
|
#21
|
||||
|
||||
|
My thoughts exactly.
A few years ago, I was in the same mind set as them. I thought about it, and realized they are providing a service, with low volume, high over head, expensive gov't tests, paperwork, and high demand. What does that mean, its going to cost a lot, just to keep the doors open
__________________
R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper. |
|
#22
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
--Jason |
|
#23
|
||||
|
||||
|
c00web,
I'm a navy member who lives in Japan, and I might be able to save you some time if you are serious about buying a skyline in Japan. I put a lot of energy into researching the purchase of a skyline and found very few reputable people who deal in them in Japan. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a cheap GTR. Many of the so called deals are accident cars with frame damage. Some of the Japanese auto trader magazines like "GOO", have car lots that specialize in sports cars like the Skyline. I visited several and was horrified by the number of abused and wrecked cars they were trying to sell. They also wanted a big commission on top of the listed price in the add, with no warranty, or gaurantee it would pass the base inspection or JCI. I had the most luck with auction and resale companies like "Gulliver". Gulliver in particular has a staff of inspectors who will check the cars over with a fine tooth comb and tell you all the problems. They also have a great computer system that will show you every GTR currently available at auction. It also lists all damage and problems. A great system for comparing vehicles. They can get cars from anywhere in Japan and ship them to your location. I ended up purchasing a Toyota Altezza, but the staff at Gulliver was reputable and did a great job. The inspection proved accurate down to the letter. They even mentioned a small scratch on the roof that I have not been able to find yet. I would definitely trust them again! To make a long story short: if you want a nice skyline, even an older R32 you will have to pay top dollar (well over average going rate). If you are ok with accident damaged cars, and questionable drivelines then you might be able to find a deal. My advice is to use a big name auction company like "Gulliver" so you get an inspection by an expert and can compare the "real" facts on several cars before making a purchase. Al
__________________
Drive it like you stole it! And if you are afraid to brake it, don't race it! |
|
#24
|
|||
|
|||
|
I was in the Navy for 6 years I know how it works.
They will only let you import a vehicle that can be converted or legalized for the US. As long as you move it as part of your household goods - they will pay for shipping. MotoRex is expensive - but making the cars legal was expensive..... |
|
#25
|
||||
|
||||
|
Sean,
Your not allowed to ship a vehicle in with your household goods, well except a motorcycle. Are you sure about that? Tony |
|
#26
|
|||
|
|||
|
Terminology....... not with your household goods - as a part of your household goods...
When you are doing a PCS move - the car is part of your things... Several military guys have brought over their GT-R's and legalized them at MotoRex. |
|
#27
|
||||
|
||||
|
Damn semantics, got me.
Your right Sean. It would have helped if I had read it correctly. |
|
#28
|
||||
|
||||
|
it's good having you round these parts to clear up some of the misunderstandings and misconceptions that pople in the US have when it comes to the importing of the Skyline.
I'm just glad we can get them into N.Z reasonably cheap (apart from pre 1996 vehicles that are now unable to be complied )
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|