-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 12-13-2002, 03:34 PM
wheel1856's Avatar
wheel1856 wheel1856 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 663
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to wheel1856
Yeah, checked out www.hmotorsonline.com last night - unbelieveable!
$3300 for the new motor, mounts, tranny, ecu, everything!

I checked out redline too, but from the link you posted, I only got the audio part without any links anywhere.

Anyway, who's got experience with Hmotorsonline? What's the shipping gonna cost me? Will I get any directions? Warranties? Shipping time? Do I have to buy bolts, gaskets? Are they pretty reputable? These are used engines, what risk do I run of getting a crappy one?

Alot of questions I know, but for $3300, I wanna know all I can

thanks everyone
-wheel
__________________
"Why yes, this is a GS-R."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-14-2002, 01:21 AM
91AcrdMan's Avatar
91AcrdMan 91AcrdMan is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,286
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 91AcrdMan Send a message via Yahoo to 91AcrdMan
Quote:
Originally posted by wheel1856
Yeah, checked out www.hmotorsonline.com last night - unbelieveable!
$3300 for the new motor, mounts, tranny, ecu, everything!

I checked out redline too, but from the link you posted, I only got the audio part without any links anywhere.

Anyway, who's got experience with Hmotorsonline? What's the shipping gonna cost me? Will I get any directions? Warranties? Shipping time? Do I have to buy bolts, gaskets? Are they pretty reputable? These are used engines, what risk do I run of getting a crappy one?

Alot of questions I know, but for $3300, I wanna know all I can

thanks everyone
-wheel
all this info can be found on their sites... and to tell the truth they are about the best out there.. a lot of the shops in towns order from them for their swaps.. but of corse they get bulk discounts.
__________________
Purehonda Member Since June 2000

Red Dime Audio & Engine Swaps!


~Objects in mirror are reflections of those tasting defeat~
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-14-2002, 12:55 PM
wheel1856's Avatar
wheel1856 wheel1856 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 663
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to wheel1856
Quote:
What's the shipping gonna cost me? Will I get any directions? Warranties? Shipping time? Do I have to buy bolts, gaskets?
yeah but...?

I dunno, I guess I have some reservations about mail ordering an engine. What kind of support is there for an order? Can I call a customer service line if I have trouble with the install? What if a part is missing?

Basically, I need info about them from people that have dealt with them.
I'm gonna call the BBB on Monday, and see what they have to say about it.
__________________
"Why yes, this is a GS-R."
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-14-2002, 05:44 PM
91AcrdMan's Avatar
91AcrdMan 91AcrdMan is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,286
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 91AcrdMan Send a message via Yahoo to 91AcrdMan
Quote:
Originally posted by wheel1856


yeah but...?

I dunno, I guess I have some reservations about mail ordering an engine. What kind of support is there for an order? Can I call a customer service line if I have trouble with the install? What if a part is missing?

Basically, I need info about them from people that have dealt with them.
I'm gonna call the BBB on Monday, and see what they have to say about it.
lol OMG dude your takin this a lil far.. like i said i have delt with them many times. they do have their warante info on their site regarding startup. and so yeah you can call them if you have a problem with something on the motor... but not if you cant get it into your car.... no company is gonna help with that sorry. and its not mail order. they ship it truck freight. if a part is missing or broke let them know and they will get it to ya right away.

and like i said ever shop that i know of in my local town and some of the biggest shops that i talked with in SoCal when i had a blown motor ordered from them. so whats that go to tell you.


anyways
lata:smoka:
__________________
Purehonda Member Since June 2000

Red Dime Audio & Engine Swaps!


~Objects in mirror are reflections of those tasting defeat~
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-14-2002, 06:02 PM
91AcrdMan's Avatar
91AcrdMan 91AcrdMan is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,286
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 91AcrdMan Send a message via Yahoo to 91AcrdMan
Quote:
Originally posted by wheel1856
What's the shipping gonna cost me? Will I get any directions? Warranties? Shipping time? Do I have to buy bolts, gaskets? what risk do i run of getting a crappy one?

Alot of questions I know, but for $3300, I wanna know all I can

thanks everyone
-wheel
ok shippin gonna be like 200 prolly cause it will be a home delivery and truck places charge for the lift gates.
if you need directions... stop now and take your car to a shop. you shouldnt even touch it.
warrantie... jack and you wont get one on any used engine... but they do have a startup warrantie.. meaning the motor WILL START! and run. shipping time.. delayed right now cause of x-mas but prolly like a week. no risk of getting a crapy one. and for the do you have to buy shit... yeah they tell you in their warrantie statement.
"
All motors sold on hmotorsonline.com come with a 100% start-up warranty only and is sold as is.
Motors come with all sensors intact unless noted or notified to the customer or ad description.
Start up warranty is only valid on USED, JDM & USDM motors and is unconditional when changing the following engine components:- spark plugs, spark plug wires (leads), rotor, timing belt, water pump and tension pulley. All of the previously mentioned have to be changed on JDM & USDM motors to become legible for the 100% start-up warranty.
Purchaser/user assumes all costs and risk to the motor and components if prior mentioned items were not changed, the 100% start-up warranty becomes void.
"

and they test the motors to make sure they work.
__________________
Purehonda Member Since June 2000

Red Dime Audio & Engine Swaps!


~Objects in mirror are reflections of those tasting defeat~
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-15-2002, 10:21 PM
wheel1856's Avatar
wheel1856 wheel1856 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 663
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to wheel1856
See, 91AcrdMan, that's what Im talkin about...info! Thank you. much appreciated.

Yeah, the direction thing, honestly - with the help of a few very good and experienced mechanic friends of mine - plus with the use of a R/D garage at a well known car parts/accessories manufacturer probably gonna install "myself" with help from people who know what the hell they're doin. -- Gotta learn sometime right?

well, cool beans, thanks again, for the info. mucho appreciato

can't wait to start a thread about puting this damn thing in once I finally get it.
-wheel
__________________
"Why yes, this is a GS-R."
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-16-2002, 04:01 PM
94civicdude 94civicdude is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 94civicdude Send a message via Yahoo to 94civicdude
Unhappy civic engine upgrade

Lets see here.....can anyone help me with my dilemma......I have a 94 civic and want to upgrade the engine....but i have no idea what to get. I want alot of horse power and it to be really fast....but i cant think of what i need to get......if anyone can help me...then please do....and give me some prices........i need to get this b4 i start college n the fall cuz thats where all my money will go when that starts. thanks
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-16-2002, 04:26 PM
94civicdude 94civicdude is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 94civicdude Send a message via Yahoo to 94civicdude
civic

somone pease help.....i need to upgrade my engine but dont know what to do. i got a 94 civic dx coupe. someone please help and get me some prices if u have them. thanks
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-16-2002, 06:06 PM
civickiller civickiller is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,356
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to civickiller
94civicdude, if you want your car to be fast, take it to a shop, lay down about $5000 then ask them for either a b18c1 or a h22a, your choice. h22a may be alittle more
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-16-2002, 06:07 PM
kicker1_solo's Avatar
kicker1_solo kicker1_solo is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 15,780
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to kicker1_solo Send a message via Yahoo to kicker1_solo
Do you want to do a motor swap? If so, you can get a D series vtec motor for about $500 at a junkyard. Or you can do the LSvtec swap for a little over $1000. I would recommend an acura integra gsr motor, B18C1, which is about $3300. You could probably turbocharge your motor for about $1500 and get some good speed out of it.
__________________
2000 BMW 323IT
1954 Ford F100
With every post my penis grows smaller

Yakima Valley Truck Club Yakima Washington
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-16-2002, 06:57 PM
94civicdude 94civicdude is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 94civicdude Send a message via Yahoo to 94civicdude
kicker,

thanks for tha input. could u tell me some more bout the lsvtec? how many horses? where i can get one at? i was plannin on boltin on a turbo to my engine but all i got is a lil 1.6. so iwant bigger and faster. lemme kno sometihn.:alien2:
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-16-2002, 08:41 PM
wheel1856's Avatar
wheel1856 wheel1856 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 663
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to wheel1856
94CivicDude did you read the earlier half of this thread?

You and I are in the same boat my friend, want bigger engine for littler money. read the earlier parts of this thread, and go check out the FAQ and the links everyone has posted on here.

They have all provided me with a wealth of info. I decided to go with a B18c1 (GSR) from www.hmotorsonline.com
yeah, I think Im gonna make the commitment.

Good luck Civicdude, you should be able to find all the info you need around this forum.
__________________
"Why yes, this is a GS-R."
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-17-2002, 02:32 PM
94civicdude 94civicdude is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 94civicdude Send a message via Yahoo to 94civicdude
ok wheel, about how much is that gonna run me???? where can i find one and how long will that engine last me. i say that a long block for an 98-00 CRv only lasted bout 25,000 miles.........will this one last a while???thanks for the input
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-18-2002, 11:48 AM
wheel1856's Avatar
wheel1856 wheel1856 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 663
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to wheel1856
I can't believe that I'm replying to this, civicdude, honestly, there are smarter people for this than I, hopefully they'll catch anything I mess up.

But from what I've seen in recent research, the cost is relative to what you want. You mentioned a CRV engine. I've heard some god things about a CRV block with a head swap from a _________ (look a few posts back, I can't remember which head to use H22?) That could be somewhat pricy, but the only con's I've heard have been the usual not sure about the frankenstein engine.

Cost really depends on what you want, and what you need to handle your upgrade plans. Go check out www.hmotorsonline.com 91AcrdMan gave me the low down on that look up there. And I was pretty impressed by all the engines, stuff you need to make them work, and the inexpensiveness of all the stuff.

For the B18c1 that I want to get, after shipping and install, including all the wheel, brake, suspension, and exhaust upgrades Im looking at about $5k. Not bad for everything that's goin into my lil' booger of a car.

Good luck with all.

And for those following the thread, Im lookin at the end of spring for the install and upgrades...beleive me, you'll all hear about it once I get goin. In the meantime, I have some other do-it-yourself questions, but that is for another thread.

-wheel
__________________
"Why yes, this is a GS-R."
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-18-2002, 09:07 PM
94civicdude 94civicdude is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 94civicdude Send a message via Yahoo to 94civicdude
hey wheel....u really didnt have to get smart with me. ur right. i really dont know what i am doing. but thanks for the info. maybe there is someone out there that will help me
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts