|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#16
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: *PICS*Deadened the hell out of my truck + more!
Yup i know all about that Poncho...not really 100% on what all the other guys are talking about. But resin definitely does help seal up all the seams, and slightly adds to the strength. Also, I've searched...haven't been able to find a place *nearby* that sells 1" MDF or HDF at a reasonable price. May look harder next time... but this time it ws free Resin AND free help from my brother.
NG |
|
#17
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: *PICS*Deadened the hell out of my truck + more!
well since nearly all subwoofer cones are laminated in some sort of soid material it wouldn't matter...... and I'm not sayin this is needed or should be done, but the wood is porous and if your nit picky then you should resin/poly it.
__________________
2002 Ford Explorer Limited D31 yellow top Kenwood DDX-7017 2 Ascendant Audio Avalanche 18's 13 cuft NET ported box tuned to 27hz Autotek Mean Machine MX3000.1 Ascendant Audio Arco component set Orion 275SX (Mids) PPI Art Series A200 (tweets) Poly Mids for rear fill to come soon. |
|
#18
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: *PICS*Deadened the hell out of my truck + more!
Quote:
And there aren't any subwoofer cones that are just plain paper (that I know of), they're heavily treated/sealed/hardened first, and at that point they're just as strong and "leak proof" as they need to be.
__________________
'01 Black Sentra SE Weapon-R intake, HS header, HKS catback, ES motor mounts, B&M short shifter, Tein coilovers Alpine 9835, Adire Koda 6.1, Adire Brahma 15, Arc 2100cxl, Linear Power 2.2hv, Cadence ZRS-8 '05 Silver WRX STi Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials |
|
#19
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: *PICS*Deadened the hell out of my truck + more!
Well, again maybe this relates only to the MDF???? I don't have any in the shop but have plenty of HDF so we'll give the shopvac trick a try.
__________________
Silverado Ext. Cab 4x4 z71 Pioneer 4900mp Orion P6.2 Componet sets front Orion C63 Coax rear DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround 2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package |
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: *PICS*Deadened the hell out of my truck + more!
Sheesh... Use a router next time you cut the hole for your sub... That looks like balls. Either that or learn how to follow a compass line with a jigsaw.
P.S. - How did you paint the resin on inside the port? Must've been fun... Resin is hard to pick out of arm hair.
|
|
#21
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: *PICS*Deadened the hell out of my truck + more!
I like it, good job NG.....Also, how did you get the resin on the inside of the port evenly?
|
|
#22
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: *PICS*Deadened the hell out of my truck + more!
Quote:
Who cares dude its not lie u see it once everythings installed.
__________________
2002 Ford Explorer Limited D31 yellow top Kenwood DDX-7017 2 Ascendant Audio Avalanche 18's 13 cuft NET ported box tuned to 27hz Autotek Mean Machine MX3000.1 Ascendant Audio Arco component set Orion 275SX (Mids) PPI Art Series A200 (tweets) Poly Mids for rear fill to come soon. |
|
#23
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: *PICS*Deadened the hell out of my truck + more!
Quote:
NG |
|
#24
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Re: *PICS*Deadened the hell out of my truck + more!
Quote:
Man, can't remember when the last time I had to do that. All my holes are done on a CNC router
__________________
Silverado Ext. Cab 4x4 z71 Pioneer 4900mp Orion P6.2 Componet sets front Orion C63 Coax rear DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround 2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package |
|
#25
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: *PICS*Deadened the hell out of my truck + more!
I made my 15" circle with an extra piece of mdf with a screw in one side and a pencil in a hole on the other end. Worked like a charm once I figured out what size I actually wanted it. On my screw up sheet that I made the hole to big on, I used some of the center that was cut out and a pencil all glued together to mark an even line around the outside so I could enlarge it for a flush fit.
I finally got all the cutting, test fitting and wiring done today. I just have to glue and paint/carpet it, and it'll be done! I'll probably make a work log with pics and stuff later. |
|
#26
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: *PICS*Deadened the hell out of my truck + more!
where the hell do you have access to a cnc router?.....(oh and yes i know exactly what that is....my dad a machineist *spelling*) Hell we looked at buying one from Boeing, (but we didn't have a way to get the damn thing off the truck, let along a building big enough for the thing, it weightd 73,000lbs all together).....So....is this a place you work, do you have one, or a friends work place
Just curious -Ryan |
|
#27
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Re: *PICS*Deadened the hell out of my truck + more!
Quote:
Quote:
Listen to Poncho... It aint hard to make your own compass. Hell, you can easily make your own router jig with a piece of 1/4" material and a drill. The glide plate should be removable on your router so you can make all sorts of attachments, and if it's not, well then your router is just ghetto. Seriously... Don't get all sandy-vagina just 'cause I'm giving you a little constructive criticism. Like, what are people supposed to think about your custom box designs after seeing that? Do you send them an envelope with an 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of lined paper with designs drawn free-hand in pencil crayon? I should hope not...
|
|
#28
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: *PICS*Deadened the hell out of my truck + more!
wheres your perfect work at..... just because he didn't wanna make a perfect hole doesn't mean he can't or doesn't know how to.
__________________
2002 Ford Explorer Limited D31 yellow top Kenwood DDX-7017 2 Ascendant Audio Avalanche 18's 13 cuft NET ported box tuned to 27hz Autotek Mean Machine MX3000.1 Ascendant Audio Arco component set Orion 275SX (Mids) PPI Art Series A200 (tweets) Poly Mids for rear fill to come soon. |
|
#29
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Re: Re: Re: *PICS*Deadened the hell out of my truck + more!
Quote:
That circle was drawn with a nail in the middle and a string...half free hand. Sub fits PERFECTLY no wobble in any direction, all the screws bite thanx...even with how many times it's been in and out. Also, I can afford to make plenty of boxes...and try out TONS of products... so it's not like that box is going to be in there forever. It was build specifically so I could play the sub...and hear it... and it's exact to specs I designed. As to me building boxes, I design and build them. The recieve all specs and a 2D AND 3D sketch of the box in SketchUP 4.0 Pro. Unlike you little boy, I have a 10,000 sq. ft. woodworking shop that I can use when building boxes for others (or myself...if I want to drive out to it). Every box of mine is built to the ut-most quality...talk to ANYONE who has bought a design OR a box from me. So, any-time your fool-ish ignorant ass wants to stop by...so you can get put to shame in EVERY aspect of the 12v world...feel free. Till then... ![]() And shut the fuck up in my thread...son... NG PS: And no...that's not me... |
|
#30
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: *PICS*Deadened the hell out of my truck + more!
Oh and check out my Box thread on here...for just a FEW examples of boxes before they were visually finished off (i.e. carpet, paint, etc...)
NG |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|