-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 08-02-2004, 11:41 AM
StephenDeli's Avatar
StephenDeli StephenDeli is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 954
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to StephenDeli
Re: Poseur Car Contest Entry thread - VOTE HERE

Willimos car is the ultimate poser. Then CADguy and then Tonios.
__________________

Current Projects- Ferrari F189 ON HOLD
Ferrari 360 Spider
Future Projects-04' Corvette Z06, Enzo, F1-2000
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-02-2004, 12:36 PM
008's Avatar
008 008 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 382
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Poseur Car Contest Entry thread - VOTE HERE

Sorry Willmo but I was getting the "server unavailable" everytime I tried to send you the pics. Here they are, but no voting needed. Behold the Citation Type R, a "mild" custom that took me 3 hours. Who needs an exhaust tip when you can just leave the muffler off altogether. Heck I don't even have an engine. I didn't want to waste the good model parts on this POS.



Again, I don't need to be in the voting. Just thought I'd share. Great entries, BTW, cracks me up.
__________________
-Ron
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-02-2004, 01:08 PM
krebs128 krebs128 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 583
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to krebs128
Re: Re: Re: Poseur Car Contest Entry thread - VOTE HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stisnan
I dont want this thread to go off topic but what are you trying to say about mexicans?
i'm not trying to make a stereotypical statement here, but alot of people who are of mexican dissent like to place decals/stickers/vinal all over their car. why?-idk, not shunning them, it's their car, they can do what they want. but in particular, i have seen alot of mexican flag nike signs on their cars.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-02-2004, 05:48 PM
customminatures's Avatar
customminatures customminatures is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 704
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to customminatures
Re: Poseur Car Contest Entry thread - VOTE HERE

w-i-l-l-i-m-o!!!!! sweet build!
__________________
--------------BRINGIN MINI AND SPORT TRUCKS TO AF!!---------------


Good quote_ turbo monster-"An artist is one who is critical of his own work. An Asshole is a failed artist who is critical of other's work."
(explains everything!)

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Vric's Avatar
Vric Vric is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,623
Thanks: 3
Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Vric Send a message via MSN to Vric Send a message via Yahoo to Vric
Re: Poseur Car Contest Entry thread - VOTE HERE

they all look strange, but willimo get my vote
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-02-2004, 06:38 PM
RallyRaider's Avatar
RallyRaider RallyRaider is offline
Zomby Woof
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 8,871
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Poseur Car Contest Entry thread - VOTE HERE

They are all awful! - I mean that in a good way
Hard to pick between them, I'll give my vote to Tonio for the gauges up the A pillar and the 'VTEC inside" decal
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-02-2004, 06:55 PM
OrangeR's Avatar
OrangeR OrangeR is offline
AF Premium User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 379
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to OrangeR
Re: Re: Re: Re: Poseur Car Contest Entry thread - VOTE HERE

My vote goes to CADguy
Here in my country you can see hundreds of similar cars every day so that car just gets me deep! LOL
__________________
Rodrigo
Mexico



Hey!!! monkeys can't recreate things with such perfection.
Respect the evolution!!! (message to people making fun of our hobby)

Last edited by OrangeR; 08-02-2004 at 10:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-02-2004, 07:45 PM
tonioseven's Avatar
tonioseven tonioseven is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,565
Thanks: 363
Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven
Re: Poseur Car Contest Entry thread - VOTE HERE

Dayum!! I vote for Willimo!! Thanks all; I really had fun building this one for the contest. I tried to build something that I'd actually drive yet would be a bit overboard for everyday driving . The decals were actually reversed (PITA!! ) but it was still fun. Thanks for the contest and hopefully, more people will support them in the future. Have fun and to quote Zoom-Zoom, "build something; build something fun!".
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-02-2004, 07:55 PM
willimo willimo is offline
Sweet, sweet tiny Hondas.
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,723
Thanks: 50
Thanked 89 Times in 65 Posts
Re: Poseur Car Contest Entry thread - VOTE HERE

Hey guys, I tried very hard to keep my threads about this from turning into any sort of arguments over stereotypes or epithets. So if you want to argue, take it to PM and get out of my thread.

I guess I oughta vote - I vote CADguy. Sorry tonio, you're car is just too nice, I'd see it on the street and say, "Not bad." Mostly.

008 - I am very sorry you weren't able to send your pics to me. I'd have loved very much for you to have been in, your model is excellent! I love your rims, where did you get them from? They, along with the random "R" are just fantastic.
__________________
It ain't cool 'till your wife hates it.
Imagine a world without Alabama

Recent builds: Rocket Bunny FR-S and stock BRZ Toyota bB Bro-style Civic K20 powered SiR converted EK WIP I build slowly and poorly.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-02-2004, 08:21 PM
CADguy's Avatar
CADguy CADguy is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,557
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Poseur Car Contest Entry thread - VOTE HERE

The other 3 cars are great. Nice job Willimo, Tonio and 008.

The engine conversion, and hood not fitting with the body kit is great Willimo! I can just hear the turbo spooling up.

Tonio the backwards decals, and tach are sweet.

008 - Great choice for a 'tuner'. The Type R badge is sweet on that Citation.

I was really hoping for a bigger turn out for this contest. I had so much fun building this. I couldn't stop laughing while creating this hunk-o-junk. Every ugly part or decal I added cracked me up.

Kit - $10
Wheels - $7
Paint - $5
The look on peoples faces when I put that ugly thing in the tuner class at a contest - PRICELESS

Willimo - you get my vote.
__________________
Matt
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-03-2004, 01:30 PM
mike@af's Avatar
mike@af mike@af is offline
Captain Over Engineer
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,711
Thanks: 27
Thanked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to mike@af Send a message via AIM to mike@af Send a message via Yahoo to mike@af
Re: Poseur Car Contest Entry thread - VOTE HERE

CADguy gets my vote. Just wondering Matt, did you drive over to Hobby Town off of Satellite and take pictures of a car just like that to build? Looks a lot like the cars that roll around that area.
__________________
-Mike
AF Director of Media / Photographer

[email protected] | AutomotiveForums.com | Flickr Gallery
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-03-2004, 09:51 PM
weaponCIVIC's Avatar
weaponCIVIC weaponCIVIC is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 677
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Poseur Car Contest Entry thread - VOTE HERE

.....im just not gonna vote cause i cant deside
__________________
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=620111

"Look as far as the eye can see, go there, then look farther."
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-04-2004, 09:45 AM
turbo type-r's Avatar
turbo type-r turbo type-r is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 625
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Poseur Car Contest Entry thread - VOTE HERE

my vote goes to cadguy
__________________
lac - 80 % done baby!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-04-2004, 09:58 AM
CADguy's Avatar
CADguy CADguy is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,557
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Poseur Car Contest Entry thread - VOTE HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTmike400
CADguy gets my vote. Just wondering Matt, did you drive over to Hobby Town off of Satellite and take pictures of a car just like that to build? Looks a lot like the cars that roll around that area.
Most of the 'tuner' cars I see all over Atlanta would definately qualify for this contest if they were built in scale. I definately did not have any trouble coming up with ideas.
__________________
Matt
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-04-2004, 10:06 AM
Cychalen's Avatar
Cychalen Cychalen is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 709
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hard to pick, but my vote goes to CADguy because it is the funniest.
I wanted to enter this contest, but it was too late when I read about it. Besides, my Civic only arrived this afternoon.
__________________
Completed.
Datsun 240Z #5 Monte Carlo Rally 1972

Working on.
Nissan Primera
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts