-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Thunderbird
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 08-02-2004, 02:18 AM
Mike75 Mike75 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 376
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Power steering pump shaking car?

Well, everyone - I think I have fixed that aweful shaking in my 93 3.8. I replaced my clutch fan with another that I found at the junkyard from a 90 cougar, and the shake is completely gone when i cut the wheels left to right while idling (as explained above). I did this because I noticed that a few of the blades were bent on mine when I was changing out my radiator a few months ago. I think it was caused by a large rock, or something because of the 2 large gashes on the engine side of my old radiator.

My headlights are still out of alignment since the accident the other day, so I can't drive it at night until I get another headlight mounting panel - and therefore haven't given it a real road test yet. Anyways, The car seems to be doing fine in that aspect, but I won't really know until I take it out on the road tomorrow.

Do you guys think that it's okay to replace that clutch fan with one from a '90 cougar, by the way? I didn't see any differences in the blade arrangement/size between the two fans, aside from the fact that the actual clutch plate is slightly different in that the slots are arranged in a slightly different pattern.

Anyhow, please let me know what you think of this swap.

Thank you all very much for your input so far, especially 'Coupe for helping me rule out the mount theory and 'Muscle for the belt-line suggestion! I really think this may have done the trick, but don't want to make matters worse if the fan isn't compatible with my engine. Once again - the new fan is from a 90 cougar 3.8L, and my car is a 93 T-Bird 3.8L.

Thanks again everyone!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-02-2004, 02:33 PM
thunderbird muscle's Avatar
thunderbird muscle thunderbird muscle is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,157
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Power steering pump shaking car?

The swap is fine.
__________________
A founding member of HNF car club!
Do you know what it feels like to do an amazing burnout listening to that wonderful exhaust note, Oh you drive a honda sorry dude, but theres hope they still make nitrous oxide!

Racing a Honda is like being in the special olympics even if you win your still retarded!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Mike75 Mike75 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 376
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Power steering pump shaking car?

Thanks man!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Thunderbird


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts