-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 07-12-2003, 03:21 AM
NSX-R-SSJ20K's Avatar
NSX-R-SSJ20K NSX-R-SSJ20K is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,440
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to NSX-R-SSJ20K
i personnally hated the show

The movie was mental so completely mad

the running explosion was immense pity they didn't show the full 5 minutes of it.
__________________
Qualified Automotive Engineer
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-12-2003, 10:59 AM
YogsVR4's Avatar
YogsVR4 YogsVR4 is offline
Funding the welfare state
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 17,795
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
I wathced the movie expecting loud explosions and lots of special effects. I got what I expected. I was happy













__________________
Resistance Is Futile (If < 1ohm)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-12-2003, 03:05 PM
TheNotoriousMogg's Avatar
TheNotoriousMogg TheNotoriousMogg is offline
AF's #1 Bad Guy
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,371
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to TheNotoriousMogg Send a message via Yahoo to TheNotoriousMogg
Re: Re: starship troopers

Quote:
Originally posted by ci5ic
Looked like "saved by the bell" in outer space.



At the time I thought it was a cool movie, I was young still though. I have since watched it and its utter crap. So much more could have been done with that movie...
__________________
Darrell

thegrumpysergeant.net
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-12-2003, 05:36 PM
Polygon's Avatar
Polygon Polygon is offline
The Red Baron
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7,823
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Originally posted by YogsVR4
I wathced the movie expecting loud explosions and lots of special effects. I got what I expected. I was happy
Exactly.

BTW: how was the book? I might go buy me a copy.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-12-2003, 06:34 PM
sidewinder69's Avatar
sidewinder69 sidewinder69 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 493
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I read the book............soooooooooooooooo much better than the movie, but that was because it was also a lot longer. If they had made more of the training aspect of the into the movie it would have been a lot better since they tell about "jump jet" equppied units that you never see in the move. Bah.
__________________
Aren't you that kid my older brother used to throw dog shit at?

Beamer:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&id=761900240
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-12-2003, 06:45 PM
fordjay16 fordjay16 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 369
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hot topic
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-13-2003, 08:55 AM
Setanta's Avatar
Setanta Setanta is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 4,765
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Setanta Send a message via AIM to Setanta Send a message via Yahoo to Setanta
Series rocked - book was awesome - the movie sucked big time. Puppet masters was a better Heinlein adaptation
__________________
'99 PY DC2R
'85 BBS BMW E30
RIP '90 JDM EF9 Civic SiR


www.performanceforums.com
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-15-2003, 12:37 PM
Jay! Jay! is offline
Horizontally Opposed
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,856
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Book > (Movie * 999)

IMO...
__________________
Hierarchy of Subaru:
Brat > Coupes > Wagons > Sedans > Baja
(Click to see mine!)
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
should i buy this trooper butterscanfly Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard 3 03-30-2010 05:52 PM
Trooper parts trooperfan Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard 2 03-15-2010 03:05 PM
1999 trooper cranks but no start jamesodom Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard 0 09-12-2009 05:01 PM
has any one tried this for 90 trooper 2.6 starting prob bwktp Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard 0 06-12-2009 03:08 PM
1993 Trooper Check Trans Light Chay Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard 0 03-23-2009 05:05 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts