-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Golf
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-01-2026, 11:32 AM
odanny odanny is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MK5 A/C issue

I have a 2008 Rabbit, the A/C takes a long time to get cold, I took it too the dealer (I rarely go there) and the technician said to just evacuate the system and recharge. Even though I was skeptical I allowed them to do this. Now the problem is worse and I need to figure out what is wrong, since the dealer couldn't (at least the first time)

I had heard there is a solenoid that can go bad in the compressor. Before, it could take over 10 minutes to get cold air. Now, it still takes that long but it does not get as cold as it did when the refrigerant was low (what they said was the cause of the problem)

Anyone have any ideas what is wrong? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Golf


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts