View Single Post
Old 06-23-2023, 01:44 AM   #10
Deathtrap
AF Regular

Re: Porsche 3.2 Speedster Club Sport

Well the plan is to start over with the paint I messed it up.
I knew the pearl white needed a white basecoat, which I applied. I received 2 bottles of paint from Zero Paints, both having the exact same label stating the Pearl White paint code.
So I took my own white paint, applied that and then used the color matched paint. But it wasn't the pearl shine I was expecting, but I figured I needed a gloss coat for that.

When that was all done and ready for polishing, by accident I discovered the the other pot of paint actually had the real pearl in it.

So I'm stripping the paint off, to redo it.

I'll have another look after work, but I think by then I can rinse and clean de parts for primer and paint again.

For that convertible top, I'm going to try Milliput. A 2 component putty that I can roll out very thin and then fold it into shape. I had some tips to use chalk powder so it sticks less and will end up with a cloth like look.

The rest of the interior wasn't up to my liking either. The door panels are too flat and I've cut them out. The replacements will have more depth so I can create some real arm rests and other details. I can't do that now as there isn't enough room because of the seats. And from the picture below you can see I've removed the molded in pedals and center console. I've found some nice replacement pedals and the center console will be scratch build to reflect the correct one.

This is how the hand brake/center console needs to look like

The shifter (left) looks like a left over blob of plastic. I'm using the right one with some putty to create a better looking one.

Deathtrap is offline   Reply With Quote